An Old School Catholic Message Board

Super Potent Eucharist!

GodsThespianChic

GodsThespianChic

So I went to XLT on what is now yesterday, since it's 2:45 in the morning. We had mass and there were 14 or 15 priests, one being a bishop, participating in mass and present during the transubstantiation. I was like dude! This is amesome! An I was thinking...would it be like a super-potent Jesus presence in the Eucharist?!

Lol, just kidding, but it was a funny thought had during mass.

And adoration...wow. it was amesome!!! There is nothing cooler than seeing Mark Hart speak, talking to Fr. J, having mass, AND adoration all in the same night!!

littleflower+JMJ

So I went to XLT on what is now yesterday, since it's 2:45 in the morning.  We had mass and there were 14 or 15 priests, one being a bishop, participating in mass and present during the transubstantiation.  I was like dude! This is amesome! An I was thinking...would it be like a super-potent Jesus presence in the Eucharist?!

Lol, just kidding, but it was a funny thought  had during mass.

And adoration...wow. it was amesome!!!  There is nothing cooler than seeing Mark Hart speak, talking to Fr. J, having mass, AND adoration all in the same night!!

wow!! that sounds soo amesome!!

sounded like soo much fun!! :clap:

and i love seeing mass when theres so many priests there also!!

its like WOW all these guys got the power of the Holy spirit to give us all the sacraments!! and after that thought im soo grateful for our priests!! :wub: :wub: they truly are amesome!! :wub:

According to documents from after Vatican two council, the priest is Jesus, somehow, I don't know I was watching EWTN, and I was thinking about what he said, and wthat the documetns said, and my Head hurt!

According to documents from after Vatican two council, the priest is Jesus, somehow, I don't know I was watching EWTN, and I was thinking about what he said, and wthat the documetns said, and my Head hurt!

By virtue of sacramental consecration, the ordained priest does not simply become a functionary. This consecration does not set him apart to simply perform certain tasks in the Church. No, by virtue of the sacramental consecration which the priest receives, he is ontologically changed. He is configured to the Person of Jesus Christ, Head and Shepherd, in a new way in his very being. "The relation of the priest to Jesus Christ, and in him to his Church, is found in the very being of the priest by virtue of his sacramental consecration/anointing and in his activity, that is, in his mission and ministry." Just as at Baptism and Confirmation the Christian is sacramentally marked on the soul, so is the man who is ordained a priest marked sacramentally and configured to Christ the Priest.

http://www.cfpeople.org/SeminarianWritings/Sem033.html

*Pleads with all to tell Dust I'm smart and totally am Catholic!*

Anybody, I wanna be a member of Church faithful!!!!!!!

I'd have to know a lot to know that!

GodsThespianChic

the_rev, I'm sure that dUSt will deem you Church Faithful soon. I was a member a couple of months before I got the title. Don't worry-he's a busy man! But yeah, it was so amesome, flowery. Man...God is so cool. Then yesterday, we had mass and adoration AGAIN!! Twice in 24 hours. Wow. God is just so cool.

catholicteen

I know what you mean! I LOVE Masses with tons of priests.

Every summer my archdiocese has something called the Eucharistic Conference- big all-day event with amesome speakers and stuff. I got to lector at the closing Mass, and many of the priests from the archdiocese were concelebrating. I remember standing at the ambo looking out on 20,000 Atlanta Catholics with two bishops behind me and over 50 priests and countless seminarians and deacons beside me and going wow, how cool is this? .

Ok, there's my somewhat random thought for today. ^_^

Our church never does anything cool!!!

I went to a conference last year, I was the only youth, I think I wanna go again! Everyone loved me, and I was so smarter than they were and they were like 60 years old!!!!

I was at a conference over New Years, and at the mass on New Years Eve, there were 9 priests, including 2 Bishops!!!! It was amesome!

:priest::priest::priest::priest: :bishop: :bishop: :priest::priest: :priest: