An Old School Catholic Message Board

Like, Oh My Gawd, Life In The 80s

Azriel

Seriously?? I never knew that...

I was an '86 baby, so I don't remember too much. I do remember regular Nintendo (or was that early 90's?) and I had a castle for all my My Little Ponies. I had a Cabbage patch doll that smelled good. Sesame Street was the greatest thing ever. And my mom got me liking Fleetwood Mac early on.

Though for the record I have a thing for 80s music AND 80s movies (like *The Breakfast Club*, Sixteen Candles, and Say Anything...) ;)

I had a Cabbage patch doll that smelled good. 

BlueRose, I totally know what you are talking about. I always thought mine smelled wonderful....now I know I'm not alone. :unsure:

Hey, does anyone remember dolphin shorts? That's when shorts were shorts, and not these big baggie things that hang down past your knee today. We also wore those the really long socks with them. Talk about a sight to behold :lol:

Just watch ESPN classic sometime, and look for a NBA game from the eighties and you'll see what I mean. I was born in 67' so I graduated in the heart in the eighties. Ah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the memories.

Hey, does anyone remember dolphin shorts? That's when shorts were shorts, and not these big baggie things that hang down past your knee today. We also wore those the really long socks with them. Talk about a sight to behold :lol:

Just watch ESPN classic sometime, and look for a NBA game from the eighties and you'll see what I mean. I was born in 67' so I graduated in the heart in the eighties. Ah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the memories.

Man MP, you are just a couple years older than my hubby, and I have pics of him wearing those shorts.

::Shiver:: They were like hotpants for guys. :lol:

Az, my mom has a few pictures of me wearing them as well. Man what a sick sight it is, but I sure thought I looked studly in them at the time :lol:

My G.I. Joes always raided my sisters barbie house lol :P

You know, I think Barbie & G.I. Joe should have gotten together instead of Barbie & Ken. Ken was too much of a sissy-boy.

My Barbie dated Aladdin. :lol: