Sparrow was funnier this time around!

"Eunuchi, snippy snippy!"
[/quote]

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1031679' date='Jul 27 2006, 12:36 AM']
[color="blue"] no as in yes? :huh:
lol[/color]
[/quote]

I totally cracked up reading these two posts :lol:

As for my thoughts on the movie... There were parts I thought were so funny that I found myself laughing long after the rest of the audience had stopped, and had to hold back some giggles to avoid interrupting the next few scenes. The only part I was disappointed with was the ending; abrupt, totally unexpected, and I just generally have a hard time waiting to find out how things turn out in movies. However, I expect that the directors know what they're doing and with the next movie everything will come together.

Here are my favorite scenes/lines:

[b]Marty[/b]: [looking at the cloth] It's a key!
[b][i]Jack Sparrow[/i][/b] No! Much more better. It is a drawing of a key. Gentlemen, what do keys do?
[b]Marty[/b]: Keys... unlock... things?
[i]Gibbs[/i]: And whatever this key unlocks, inside there's something valuable. So, we're setting out to find whatever this key unlocks.
[b][i]Jack Sparrow[/i][/b]: No! If we don't have the key, we can't open whatever it is we don't have that it unlocks. So what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don't have, without first having found the key what unlocks it?
[i]Gibbs[/i]: So... we're going after this key?
[b][i]Jack Sparrow[/i][/b]: You're not making any sense at all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b]Ragetti[/b]: [studies his upside-down Bible intently, then looks up] Well, I say it was Divine Providence what escaped us from jail.
[i]Pintel[/i]: And *I* say it was me bein' clever.
[turns to the dog with the keys]
[i]Pintel[/i]: Ain't that right, Poochie?
[b]Ragetti[/b]: How do you know it wasn't Divine Providence what inspired you to *be* clever?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b]Pintel[/b]: [watching Norrington, Will and Jack fight whilst Elizabeth is screaming and throwing rocks] How'd this go all screwy?
[i]Ragetti[/i]: Well, each man wants the chest for hisself, don't 'e? Mr. Norrington, I think, is trying to regain a bit of honor. Old Jack's looking to trade it, save his own skin. And Turner there0- I think 'e's trying to settle some unresolved business twixt him and his twice-cursed pirate father.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]Jack Sparrow[/b]: Dirt? This is a jar of dirt.
[i]Tia Dalma[/i]: Yes...
[b]Jack Sparrow[/b]: Is the jar of dirt going to help?
[i]Tia Dalma[/i]: If you don't want it, give it back.
[b]Jack Sparrow[/b]: No!
[i]Tia Dalma:[/i] Den it helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b]Tia Dalma[/b]: You know I require payment.
[i]Jack Sparrow[/i]: I brought payment. Look.
[shoots the monkey]
[b]Jack Sparrow[/b]: An undead monkey! Top that!
[i]Tia Dalma[/i]: The payment is fair...

---------------------------------------------------------------

[i]Elizabeth Swann[/i]: It's real!
[b]Norrington[/b]: My gosh. You actually were telling the truth.
[b][i]Jack Sparrow[/i][/b]: I do that quite a lot. Yet people are always surprised.
[u]Will Turner[/u]: With good reason.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[i]Davey Jones[/i]: I wonder Sparrow, can you live with this? Can you condemn an innocent man - a friend - to a lifetime of servitude in your name while you roam free?
[i][b]Jack Sparrow[/b][/i]: *short pause*...Yep! I'm good wiv it. Shall we seal it in blood? I mean, er... ink?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b]Jack Sparrow[/b]: [to Norrington] What are you doing here? You look bloody awful.
[i]Norrington[/i]: You hired me. I can't help it if your standards are lax.
[b]Jack Sparrow:[/b] You smell funny.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[i]Pintel[/i]: You know you can't read.
[b]Ragetti[/b]: It's the Bible, you get credit for trying!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jack Sparrow: [to the Kraken] 'ello beastie.

---------------------------------------------------------------

xTrishaxLynnx

If you didn't see the movie, there's probably not that much point in reading it anyways because ... #1... if you haven't seen it yet you're probably not very interested in PoC in the first place... and #2... just the words with no visual memory of the scene probably wouldn't be nearly as funny.

You are right and have a funny avatrar, xtrishaxlynxx :hehe:

Edited by notardillacid

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1032704' date='Jul 28 2006, 02:03 AM']
You are right and have a funny avatrar :hehe:
[/quote]

Gosh... It's not every day I get compliments like that. :blush: :P:

[quote name='hayden' post='1032716' date='Jul 28 2006, 02:06 AM']
MOUNTAION DEW
[/quote]

You type funny... is this one of "MOUNTAI[s]O[/s]N DEW's" side effects?