An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your Guardian Angel

uruviel

How many of y'all actually name your Guardian angels? If so, what's his name?
When I was little I was sure his name was going to be Angelo from now on. So, Angelo is my angel, he's a great angel too ^_^

Marieteresa

well, thats interesting. I never thought about the name of my guardian angel...i wonder if they have names like bob and steve. I wonder how ones figures out their name. :birds:

hehe, I think it's very important to name your angel, after all, they ARE with you allll the time, they follow you everywhere and do what you ask, they protect you and listen to you, they are truley a blessing :) Thank God for guardian angels!

Well, St. Michael, St. Gabriel, those are archangels, and they have names like we do.

[quote name='FutureIHMNJ' post='1039142' date='Aug 7 2006, 01:46 PM']
Dolores :saint: is my angels name...and she watches over me...
[/quote]

that's pretty, they all watch over us, they are so awesome. Angelo does me favors all the time, I love Angelo and Angelo loves me :) lol

[quote name='Marieteresa' post='1039140' date='Aug 7 2006, 01:43 PM']
well, thats interesting. I never thought about the name of my guardian angel...i wonder if they have names like bob and steve. I wonder how ones figures out their name. :birds:
[/quote]
When I was in elementary school (10+ years ago :shock: ), the rumor was to say the Guardian Angel prayer three time before you went to bed, and the first name that came into your head the next day was the name of your guardian angel. I did it at Girl Scout camp and came up with Aloysius-- :blink: (who thinks of names like that?).
[u]
Guardian Angel Prayer:[/u]
Angel of God, my guardian dear, to who God's love commits me here. Ever this day be at my side, to light, to guard, to rule, and to guide. Amen.

I know my guardian angel's name his name is Cooper. I didnt name him personally though. My priest has three angels and he knows all of their names. It's super cool. God bless and Mary keep
Karin

Lilllabettt

Mine is Amelia.

I have a sneaking suspicion it was because of the Amelia Bedelia books. Remember her? She was the maid, who, if you told her to dust the furniture, would sprinkle powder over the whole room. I'm always doing stuff like that. I think I sort of decided my angel must be like Amelia Bedelia, if she keeps letting me get in all these silly scrapes.

Never been hit by a bus/train/jumbo jet, however. And I've been saved a thousand times from sleeping in and forgetting important things (Holy Days of Obligation, Economics finals, etc.) Thank you, Amelia!

[quote name='karin' post='1039149' date='Aug 7 2006, 01:53 PM']
I know my guardian angel's name his name is Cooper. I didnt name him personally though. My priest has three angels and he knows all of their names. It's super cool. God bless and Mary keep
Karin
[/quote]

my dad was telling me about that last night, about when priests and stuff get another angel. That's so awesome.

[quote name='Lilllabettt' post='1039153' date='Aug 7 2006, 01:57 PM']
Mine is Amelia.

I have a sneaking suspicion it was because of the Amelia Bedelia books. Remember her? She was the maid, who, if you told her to dust the furniture, would sprinkle powder over the whole room. I'm always doing stuff like that. I think I sort of decided my angel must be like Amelia Bedelia, if she keeps letting me get in all these silly scrapes.

Never been hit by a bus/train/jumbo jet, however. And I've been saved a thousand times from sleeping in and forgetting important things (Holy Days of Obligation, Economics finals, etc.) Thank you, Amelia!
[/quote]

Amelia is a pretty name, and yes, if I don't have an alarm, I'll ask Angelo to wake me up at 6:50 or so, and he is sometimes 10 minutes late, but thats ok. Actually I never wake up unless something wakes me up, in other words I have no body alarm, and one time I forgot to set my alarm, I just suddenly jumped out of bed on time! hehe. Thanks Angelo for that too.

brandelynmarie

My guardian angel's name is Elizabeth...& yeah, I was told to pray to know her/his name before I fell asleep & the first name to pop into my head would be it! I talk to her especially when I'm driving... :saint:

Marieteresa

Thats pretty cool, priest get 2 angels? Do any other people get 2 angels? I can't wait to go to sleep to find out what my angel's name is.

Cooper helps me ALL the time. i ask him for things he is the bomb. yeah priests get one more angel when they are ordained. Also I have heard getting another angel is as easy just asking for another one. But dont quote me on that last part i am not for sure.