An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your Guardian Angel

uruviel

Maybe in your sleep your angel whispers it to you all night so when you wake up that name is stuck in your head. All of us seem to say "for some reason I just thought of...." Maybe, it's just them telling us what they prefer. ;)

FutureIHMNJ, Dolores means "Sorrow" in Latin, :) Just thought you might like to know the etymology of your angel's name.

I haven't named my angel, are we allowed to do that, like, do we have the authority? I don't know, they are OUR angels after all, so I suppose.
I don't know, I'll think about mine and do some naming ceremony for him. Hooray! :kitten:

I always heard it was wrong to name your angel, that only those named in the bible should be refered to by name. I've always just called mine 'Guardian Angel' or 'friend'. He's a good angel, I love him.

I've decided between Alden, meaning "old friend" and "noble protector" and Alexander, meaning "protector of men." I think I like Alden. :)

Everybody should post what their chosen angel names mean!

I most certainly think we are allowed to. Mother Angelica said herself it was important to have a name for him.

HeavenlyCalling

I always like to think of my angel as being very much like my Aunt Gale, who is a living saint and the only remotely sane person in my family, no name thought. :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

My angel's name is Anthony.

My eldest son's angel's name is Antonio.

My youngest son's angel's name is Antonin.

Blessings,
Gemma

Guest phatdaddy
:saint: Mine is named Andrew and he "told" me so. :rolleyes:

Names are good, they can help us to relate to them, pray to them and just keeping them in mind. Besides, even the term Guardian Angel is a name. :shock:

brandelynmarie

[quote name='Gemma' post='1039689' date='Aug 8 2006, 11:15 AM']
My angel's name is Anthony.

My eldest son's angel's name is Antonio.

My youngest son's angel's name is Antonin.

Blessings,
Gemma
[/quote]

Gemma! Have you ever asked Anthony to speak to your sons' angels? Just a thought that it would be very helpful..especially with kids! :saint: :saint: :saint:

Oh, & I with a quick look on-line..Elizabeth is the Greek form of the Hebrew name Elisheva meaning "my God is an oath" or perhaps "my God is abundance"....Now, I thought Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity was told that her name meant "House of Bread" aka "Bethlehem...hmmm...:scratchhead:

Edited by brandelynmarie