An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Broke Daughters of St. Dominic

passionheart

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1054885' date='Aug 31 2006, 10:42 PM']
Any news about entrance, Donna? :idontknow:
[/quote]

Nope,

I am still broke and so I am still here. :D:

I'd like to join the Broke Daughters of St. Dominic! I'm not personally having trouble with debts and I'm actually going Franciscan... but I would very much like to pray for y'all, and especially for the Lockport Dominicans and their discerners... How horrid for someone called to religious life to be kept from it because of debts!

:flowers:

Edited by zunshynn

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1055299' date='Sep 1 2006, 06:12 PM']
I'd like to join the Broke Daughters of St. Dominic! I'm not personally having trouble with debts and I'm actually going Franciscan... but I would very much like to pray for y'all, and especially for the Lockport Dominicans and their discerners... How horrid for someone called to religious life to be kept from it because of debts!

[/quote]

My friend, you are most welcomed in the club. St. Francis is part of the Dominican Litany of Saints and so I ask him to intercede for his daughters to be.

brandelynmarie

[quote name='Marieteresa' post='1054837' date='Aug 31 2006, 09:29 PM']
Hello Fellow members of the Broke Daughters of St. Dominic! You guys were in my prayers and I left our intentions with the sisters. Let us storm heaven with our prayers!
[/quote]

:yes: :yes: :yes: :pray: :pray: :pray:

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1055299' date='Sep 1 2006, 06:12 PM']

[/quote]

awwww....thankyou zunshynn! you know what is so funny, is that I am keeping track of all the pham who post on this thread & I had added you to the "associate/third order group :blush: quite awhile ago...I am praying specifically for the intentions of the Broke Daughters...but I am also asking God to bless those who are praying for us as well...:sign:

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='1055627' date='Sep 2 2006, 06:58 AM']
:yes: :yes: :yes: :pray: :pray: :pray:
awwww....thankyou zunshynn! you know what is so funny, is that I am keeping track of all the pham who post on this thread & I had added you to the "associate/third order group :blush: quite awhile ago...I am praying specifically for the intentions of the Broke Daughters...but I am also asking God to bless those who are praying for us as well...:sign:
[/quote]

:lol: :D: That's ok! You know I have been praying for you all. I just hadn't officially "joined" yet because I hate when I sign up for prayer things like that, and then I always end up forgetting to pray for them. But I know I'll remember y'all, so now I'm happy and proud to be an official third order Broke Daughter! ^_^

Plus, could you send me your list, if it wouldn't be too inconvenient?

brandelynmarie

eek! I thought I had replied to you request...the post must not have gone through...:lol:...I will post an "unoffical" list for you zunshynn...as soon as I find it!

brandelynmarie

okies! found it but now I don't have here at the COmmunity Center...thank you for your patience! I'll see if I can post it tonite...(Organization is NOT one of my gifts... :lol_roll: )

Hello folks,

We have a new member who is praying for our group. I have spoken about once being a member of the Brother and Sisters of Penance. Well, my former BSP sister and her son Bryan has asked to pray for all us and to include her son as well. Hey, Denise it is Mary. (Denise His Child, was a part of the BSP as well.) A

Mary wants our community list(HINT BRANDEE!!!) She is interceding for us to our blessed Mother under the title of Our Lady of Good Remedy. She emailed me a prayer card and so if you are interested in the prayers just email me. I will add our Lady of Good Remedy to our Litany.

Also, I wrote to the Intercessors of the Lamb in NE and received the following email:

Dear Donna Marie,

Peace and grace be with you and all the Broke Daughters of St. Dominic.

Thank you for your email of Sept. 4th, requesting our prayers for your club members. We pray that the Lord will lead each of you to benefactors who can help you realize the fulfillment of your vocation and that the Holy Spirit will lead each of you. If God is for you, who can be against?

Be assured of our prayers that the Lord’s will and plans for each of you will be fulfilled. God bless you.

Prayerfully in the Lamb,

Mother Nadine

As well, Madonna House here in Ottawa is interceding for me but I sure I will extend their prayers for the group to the Divine Infant of Prague. Martha a community told me that when Catherine (Doherty) needed finanical help, she always placed her intentions under the statute of the Divine Infant of Prague.

Edited by passionheart

Oooh! Our Lady of Good Remedy is awesome! They were doing her novena at OLAM during my aspirancy. I just thought the prayers were so beautiful.

brandelynmarie

Ok! Thanks for your patience everyone! :blush: Now that I have my prayer list in close proximity to a computer..... :rolleyes: I shall take on the role of unofficial secretary of the Broke Daughters of St. Dominic & Third Order/Associates :blush:

Here, not in any particular order :D: :

[u]Members Needing Prayers To Elimate Debts[/u]

passionheart
Marieteresa
brendan 1104
puella paschalis
Future IHMNJ
Venite Adoremus
cmariadiaz
In His Light
brandelynmarie

[u]Third Order/Associates/Intercessors[/u]

OLAM Dad
DiscerningSoul
hugheyforlife
phatdaddy
A Trappist priest
shortnun
zunshynn
Rose-of-Sharon

[u]Saints Interceding For All Of Us![/u]

All Dominican Saints & Blesseds in the Litany (see shortnun's earlier post!)
Our Lady of Good Remedy
St. Joseph
Mother Mary of St. Peter
St. Padre Pio
St. Francis
St. Clare
St. Maximilian
St. Benedict
St. Teresa of Avila
St. Therese
St. Rita
St. Bernard
St. Anthony of Padua
Blessed Brother Andre Bessette
St. Jude
St. Bartholomew
Venerable Solanus Casey

Sooo...if anyone is on the wrong list or wants removed lemme know...I hope this helps!

brandelynmarie

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='1059392' date='Sep 8 2006, 11:22 PM']
Ok! Thanks for your patience everyone! :blush: Now that I have my prayer list in close proximity to a computer..... :rolleyes: I shall take on the role of unofficial secretary of the Broke Daughters of St. Dominic & Third Order/Associates :blush:

Here, not in any particular order :D: :

[u]Members Needing Prayers To Elimate Debts[/u]

passionheart
Marieteresa
brendan 1104
puella paschalis
Future IHMNJ
Venite Adoremus
cmariadiaz
In His Light
brandelynmarie

[u]Third Order/Associates/Intercessors[/u]
OLAM Dad
DiscerningSoul
hugheyforlife
phatdaddy
Fr. Stephen of Genesee Abbey of Pifford, NY
shortnun
zunshynn
Rose-of-Sharon
Beatrice off-line
Mary off-line
Bryan off-line

[u]Saints Interceding For All Of Us![/u]

All Dominican Saints & Blesseds in the Litany (see shortnun's earlier post!)
Infant Jesus of Prague
Our Lady of Good Remedy
St. Joseph
Mother Mary of St. Peter
St. Padre Pio
St. Francis
St. Clare
St. Maximilian
St. Benedict
St. Teresa of Avila
St. Therese
St. Rita
St. Bernard
St. Anthony of Padua
Blessed Brother Andre Bessette
St. Jude
St. Bartholomew
Venerable Solanus Casey
St. Philomena
St. Gemma Galgani
Blessed Mother Teresa
John Paul II

Sooo...if anyone is on the wrong list or wants removed lemme know...I hope this helps!
[/quote]

Done! & thanks...the more the merrier! :blush:

Edited by brandelynmarie

Madame Secretary,

I would like to add and correct a couple of things.

Under Third Order/Associates

"A Trappist priest": please change to Fr. Stephen from Genesee Abbey in Piffard NY.(Monksbread Monks!!)

Please add offline members: Beatrice, Mary and Bryan. (Beatrice and Mary are my former BSP sisters)

At the rate at which we are adding saints, I am quite sure we will get to the point to where we will simply say, Everyone in Heaven, pray for us. :D:

Boy All Saints Day will be fun this year ;)

[quote name='passionheart' post='1059412' date='Sep 8 2006, 08:55 PM']
At the rate at which we are adding saints, I am quite sure we will get to the point to where we will simply say, Everyone in Heaven, pray for us. :D:

Boy All Saints Day will be fun this year ;)
[/quote]

You have no idea! :saint: :saint: are :cool:

brandelynmarie

Is this ok? :blush: Are the off-line ones Member members or 3rd Order?

:bye: hi zunshynn! :bye: DonnaMarie! :bye: hi TheresaMF!

Edited by brandelynmarie