An Old School Catholic Message Board

Protestants sin and make mistakes and have scandals

Winchester

This budge is budge designed budge to budge make budge a budge not budge so budge subtle budge a budge point budge to budge a budge certain budge point budge to budge a budge certain budge member budge of budge this budge phorum budge who budge shall budge remain budge nameless

Hint: Pointing out Catholics misbehaving does not disprove theology.
Budge.

Look up what the word "reprobate" means.

Having them run your church isnt what the Bible teaches you are supposed to do.

By your logic one could remain in a church run by Anton Lavey, after all he's just "mistaken" about Satan.

Anyhow the paperwork defense doesnt cut it.

Think Satan cares if you got the "official books in order" while millions run after the cosmic christ ANTICHRIST interfaith gospel?

Oh and by the way instead of MAKING EXCUSES FOR BAD PROTESTANTS OR CHRISTIANS,

UNLIKE YOU,

I know they are leaders NOT TO FOLLOW.

[img]http://www.lifetv.ee/Ru/images/50/19_benny-hinn.jpg[/img]

Edited by Budge

homeschoolmom

But how do you know who to follow? You (or maybe it was Eutycus-- I'm sorry I can't recall now) said that you didn't know your pastor's beliefs. And it didn't even matter what they were. Scripture can be (and is) interpretted in many, many ways-- they can't all be true. How do you know that your pastor's preaching is true?

[quote name='Budge' post='1047995' date='Aug 22 2006, 11:15 AM']

By your logic one could remain in a church run by Anton Lavey, after all he's just "mistaken" about Satan.

Think Satan cares if you got the "official books in order" while millions run after the cosmic christ ANTICHRIST interfaith gospel?
[/quote]
I think Jim Baker is mighty ticked off now and Tammy Faye is peeved.
How are we to know anything?
If I am dyslexic and had an 99 IQ, would that mean I'm doomed?

[quote] If I am dyslexic and had an 99 IQ, would that mean I'm doomed?[/quote]

Nope.

You can still become an Indian priest, and do mail order Masses!

See, there is a place for everyone in the kingdom!

[quote name='Budge' post='1047995' date='Aug 22 2006, 12:21 PM']

UNLIKE YOU,

[img]http://www.lifetv.ee/Ru/images/50/19_benny-hinn.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Please, assure me that you didn't just show us a pic of Benny hin for the sake of glorifying him.

[quote name='musturde' post='1048145' date='Aug 22 2006, 02:36 PM']
Please, assure me that you didn't just show us a pic of Benny hin for the sake of glorifying him.
[/quote]
An idolotrous image, methinks!
Let these pagans and their ungodly images be anathema! :rolleyes:

Edited by Socrates

[quote name='Budge' post='1047995' date='Aug 22 2006, 12:21 PM']

UNLIKE YOU,

[/quote]

When have I made excuses for people?

And no, my logic does not permit one to remain in a church run by Anton LaVey. You can't even begin to defend that insane little accusation.

I am aware of the word and its meaning. However, what one says and what one does are two different things. I believe Jesus pointed that out in a passage regarding listening to certain Jewish authorities. Tsk, tsk, grashopper, you disappoint me.

:smokey: Look,both Catholics and Protestants sin. We are greedy,we lie ,cheat,steal,commit adultry,murder other people,etc.etc.
Sin is not the province of just Catholics,but Protestants, Muslims,Hindus,heck everyone in the world.We are all human and guilty of being sinners.Jesus came to save us and bring us to His Father,Our Heavenly King.

Catholics and Protestants should work to follow Our Saviour Jesus Christ,to help the homeless,abused children,the elderly,the hungery,etc.
Not waste time trying to kill each other on the boards as though this was the Thirty Years War
or St.Bartholomew's Day Massacre,except in modren day form.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1048085' date='Aug 22 2006, 01:58 PM']
Nope.

You can still become an Indian priest, and do mail order Masses!

See, there is a place for everyone in the kingdom!
[/quote]

That made me laugh really hard. Good one, I mean seriously. Thank you!

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1048020' date='Aug 22 2006, 01:28 PM']
But how do you know who to follow? You (or maybe it was Eutycus-- I'm sorry I can't recall now) said that you didn't know your pastor's beliefs. And it didn't even matter what they were. Scripture can be (and is) interpretted in many, many ways-- they can't all be true. How do you know that your pastor's preaching is true?
[/quote]
Knowing who to trust and believe is a tough question. Just because they are associated with a 'denomination' is no guarentee.

Check out this married 'pastor':
[quote]WASHBURN, Mo.(AP) The minister of a rural Ozarks church, his wife and her two brothers have been accused of molesting young girls from their congregation for years, sometimes as part of a religious ritual, officials said.

The county prosecutor says the Rev. Raymond Lambert, 51, of Grand Valley Independent Baptist Church, repeatedly had sex with two underage girls with the help of his 49-year-old wife, Patty, according to court records.

For 10 years, the pastor told the girls, "We are preparing your body for service to God," the prosecutor said.

Patty Lambert's brothers _ Paul Epling, 53, and Tom Epling, 51 _ each are accused of repeatedly having sex with girls as young as age 4 in the late 1970s and early 1980s.[/quote]

[quote]Look,both Catholics and Protestants sin. We are greedy,we lie ,cheat,steal,commit adultry,murder other people,etc.etc.
Sin is not the province of just Catholics,but Protestants, Muslims,Hindus,heck everyone in the world.We are all human and guilty of being sinners.Jesus came to save us and bring us to His Father,Our Heavenly King.

Catholics and Protestants should work to follow Our Saviour Jesus Christ,to help the homeless,abused children,the elderly,the hungery,etc.
Not waste time trying to kill each other on the boards as though this was the Thirty Years War
or St.Bartholomew's Day Massacre,except in modren day form.[/quote]

Amen! Well said!

The last time I looked at my Bible, at that part where it says not to judge others, I didn't see a footnote saying 'except for Protestants, coz they baaaaaaaad!'

Sorry, but I've always thought that we all love and honour the same God, and the nitty-gritties of what other people and all of our ancestors state as being what defines our religions are not really important, as long as we all live our lives in a way that we feel serves and honours God in all that we do, then ask for forgiveness when we slip.