An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Baptist Board

Jake Huether

A little birdie has a secret... ancient chinese secret... Confusious say "don't be unjust to God's Church, it could fill your inbox with God's Church"

:angry:

:rolleyes:

lol_grin.gif:(lol_grin.gif :)

Edited by ironmonk

• 11 years later...
homeschoolmom

Oh, I remember this thread and the Baptist Board. Fun times. Fun times. (Did something new happen there?) 

Anastasia13

Baptist boards has such fundies... :rolleyes: Apparently unless you are a literal 7-day creationist, you are going to stop believing the Bible because of the slippery slope argument.

dominicansoul

How is Br. Adam?  I heard he was in the hospital...

I don't visit protestant forums.  I think I don't have the graces for that type of evangelization...

I work surrounded by baptists, protties, fundies, non-denoms.  I can understand why there were places where Jesus could not perform miracles because of "the weakness of faith."  I can't share my Faith here.  It would surely get trampled on like pearls being grounded into the mud.  These people have the strangest ideas.  I've noticed that they have created a "false image" of Christ and not the true Christ.  Their "christ" is one who conforms to their lifestyle, not the other way around...

A typical convo with my ex-Catholic turned non-denom boss:

me:  "I visited my Sisters at school today."

my boss:  " :| "

me: "???"

her: " i just feel sorry for those children at that school, they will never KNOW JESUS."

me:  " :| "  "Speaking of children, when are you having some."

her:  "me and my husband don't want children right away."

me:  "where in Scripture is birth-control shown to be pleasing to God?"

her:  "well I asked my pastor and he says its okay."

me: " :| "

I have even worse convos with a prottie who honestly believes Jesus is African (she belongs to the African Methodist Episcopalian church...)

:|  sometimes its best to stay quiet and pray silently...