An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Baptist Board

Jake Huether

Brother Adam

Don't lie on your registration. You'll just make yourself look bad when they sniff you out (and they will sniff you out).

Okay, I got burned:

Hello,

Unfortunately, your recent registration application at BaptistBoard.com

has been declined.

Ah, rejection.

So the question is: to "fib" or not to "fib"

Being a member of the Baptist Board isn't really worth sinning, so I guess I'll just have to stick w/ this lousy forum!!!

EDITED--misspelling

Edited by nippy316

Brother Adam

It would really be stupid to "fib" now anyway. They send leaders out to other forums to check out what is going on.

cmotherofpirl

It would really be stupid to "fib" now anyway. They send leaders out to other forums to check out what is going on.

Do these leaders have enough guts to post?

Well, Bro. Adam, if I were to "fib" it would be under a fake name, a new email address, possibly from a different PC, etc. I wouldn't register with my same name and email and then try to be Baptist. They would never know it was a former rejectee. Sorry, but they're not that slick.

I could get in if I wanted, but I'd rather just wait read what is posted by the PM folks who did get in.

Justine

I can't believe we're being discriminated because of our religion...this is the United States in 2003. Let's never take our freedoms for granted.

Well, Bro. Adam,  if I were to "fib" it would be under a fake name, a new email address, possibly from a different PC, etc. I wouldn't register with my same name and email and then try to be Baptist. They would never know it was a former rejectee. Sorry, but they're not that slick.

I could get in if I wanted, but I'd rather just wait read what is posted by the PM folks who did get in.

Justine

I can't believe we're being discriminated because of our religion...this is the United States in 2003. Let's never take our freedoms for granted.

nippy,

We had a discussion on lying for any reason on the Debate phorum. I learned that lying is never morally okay, not even to save a life. Lying is that serious. Now not answering a question to withold information for legitimate reasons is okay. Like leaving the denomination blank on their registration form. But putting down something else is bad.

As pointed out, if you lied about it to post, and they found out, it would discredit anything good you had tried to accomplish.

Today is t-shirt day...

nippy,

We had a discussion on lying for any reason on the Debate phorum. I learned that lying is never morally okay, not even to save a life. Lying is that serious. Now not answering a question to withold information for legitimate reasons is okay. Like leaving the denomination blank on their registration form. But putting down something else is bad.

As pointed out, if you lied about it to post, and they found out, it would discredit anything good you had tried to accomplish.

Today is t-shirt day...

Good thing I've decided against fibbing, huh??

Thanks for reminding me...I forgot all about t-shirt day!!! WHOO HOO!! Thanks again!!!

Justine

electricdisk

"I learned that lying is never morally okay, not even to save a life. Lying is that serious...."

Really? How about fake passports that our Church gave to the Jews while trying to save their lives during the holocaust? Those documents were pure lies.

What about a soldier who came to the door of a house and was asked point blank "are you hiding any Jews?" I believe that it is morally correct to say "No. We are not hiding any Jews".

The reason (I was told) is that the soldiers (or those asking questions) were not asking the question for a moral reason...

From the Catechism

"Lying is the most direct offense against the truth. To LIE is to speak or act against the truth in order to lead into error someone who has the right to know the truth. By injuring man's relation to truth and to his neighbor, a LIE offends against the fundamental relation of man and of his word to the Lord."

So in this instance, the soldiers did not have "the RIGHT TO KNOW THE TRUTH".

"in order to lead into error someone who has the right to know the truth"

From the Catechism

"The gravity of a LIE is measured against the nature of the truth it deforms, the circumstances, the intentions of the one who lies, and the harm suffered by its victims. If a LIE in itself only constitutes a venial sin, it becomes mortal when it does grave injury to the virtues of justice and charity"

So there are various degrees of "sin-ness" of the lie.

However, to comment directly about the subject of this thread.... One cannot lie about their application to the Baptist board. It would be morally wrong. In this instance, they have a right to know, plus you are committing a scandal by lying.

Just avoid the baptist board and you do not have to worry about it.

Brother Adam

Yes, actually, they are that slick. They might not figure you out right away, but as soon as your true colors show, you'll be banned for good. You will hardly ever see a troll at the BB (and if you lie, that is what you become- a troll).

No, I am not a leader at the BB. Actually they don't much care for me anymore because I am a "Catholic sympathizer". I was a moderator once though, and knowing what they could do back then, i'm sure they can only do more now.

It's also not a matter of not having guts. They are the "Baptist Board". Not the Catholic Board. Not the Lutheran Board. Not even the Methodist Board. They have a right to their community. If they feel like arguing, they know there way over here, dUSt has made sure of that.

They have let some Catholics on as guests so that they can have a voice on the board. However, if there were more Catholics than Baptists it would not be a BB.

Besides, as you've already admitted you want in for no other purpose than to spread your agenda (prove them wrong and yourself right). And would even be willing to lie about it if you could. I'm sorry, but that is no way to spread the truth, especially if you do have the truth.

Ok, I'm fine w/ just reading the BB and never posting. It's probably better that they won't let me be a member because I would get so frustrated and disruptful. This is God's way of helping me "avoid the near occasion of sin"

electricdisk,

I bumped the thread on lying on the Debate phorum. Check it out and see what you think. I started off with the same opinion as you, but I was convinced. I don't think we brought up the fake baptisimal certificates though.

cmotherofpirl

Yes, actually, they are that slick. They might not figure you out right away, but as soon as your true colors show, you'll be banned for good. You will hardly ever see a troll at the BB (and if you lie, that is what you become- a troll).

No, I am not a leader at the BB. Actually they don't much care for me anymore because I am a "Catholic sympathizer". I was a moderator once though, and knowing what they could do back then, i'm sure they can only do more now.

It's also not a matter of not having guts. They are the "Baptist Board". Not the Catholic Board. Not the Lutheran Board. Not even the Methodist Board. They have a right to their community. If they feel like arguing, they know there way over here, dUSt has made sure of that.

They have let some Catholics on as guests so that they can have a voice on the board. However, if there were more Catholics than Baptists it would not be a BB.

Besides, as you've already admitted you want in for no other purpose than to spread your agenda (prove them wrong and yourself right). And would even be willing to lie about it if you could. I'm sorry, but that is no way to spread the truth, especially if you do have the truth.

The guts part was from me Adam, not Nippy.

THis is a Catholic board, but I don't see us rejecting people simply on the basis of their religion. Its not necessary.

All we ask is a modicum of respect in debates.

We don't need an agenda, we already have the truth.

So why don't they just put a sign up , "no Catholics need apply".