An Old School Catholic Message Board

"The Habit of Rainbows"

AlterDominicus

no problem!!! i think it was me who just didn't fully understand. i miss my family alot and i can't go a single day without being reminded of them or even just thinking of how they are doing.

when i leave for school next week, all my communication with them, will be at a slight roar...i'll hardly get to talk to them, as much as i do know and did. alteast they know i love them alot! **tears**

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='1053477' date='Aug 30 2006, 02:07 AM']
zunshynn....that story was tooo funny! :lol_roll: Do you still talk to this guy friend? If you do, I wonder what he thinks now!
[/quote]

lol. No haven't really talked to him a whole lot. A little bit on myspace, but he's going to school a little far away, and we didn't hang out often outside of school.

As to what he thinks, he thinks I'm nuts I'm sure, but he thinks its cool I'm doing what I think will make me happy. He has a lot of resentment towards the Catholic Church, though, because he was raised Catholic in Mexico... and yeah... he has a lot of animosity to it.

:shock: The Singing Nuns are schismatic!? I had no idea! I have tons of their pics on my screensaver! :( That's really unfortunate. They seem like an awesome order otherwise. Edited by zunshynn

the lords sheep

[quote]Generally speaking, the colors mean:

white--purity; joy
black--penance; grief; death to the world
red--Precious Blood; martyrdom; Sacred Heart
blue--Our Lady
purple--St. Joseph; penance; St. John Francis Regis
green--hope; St. Jude
brown--penance; poverty; Mt. Carmel
burgundy--royalty; combination of Jesus & Mary's colors
pink--joyful anticipation
yellow and white--the majesty of Almighty God
grey--penitence
[/quote]

What Sisters wear yellow and white?

:idontknow: but if you have a dream with yellow-habited nuns, [url="http://www.adeleprince.com/dreamdiary/archives/000014.html"]this is what it means[/url]:

[quote]Yellow Nuns
In my dream I saw a church that was painted bright yellow, and some nuns came from inside the church, wearing bright yellow habits.

What does this mean?

Church: To be outside the building is a fortunate omen.
Nun: You will receive a legacy.
Yellow: a mental tint showing that you need not expect any important change in your affairs for some time/A lucky dream, promising money.

[/quote]

:rolling: I don't like that being outside the Church is supposed to be a fortunate omen though. <_< And the meaning of the yellow nuns seems contradictory. Edited by zunshynn

the lords sheep

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1056826' date='Sep 5 2006, 03:21 AM']
:idontknow: but if you have a dream with yellow-habited nuns, [url="http://www.adeleprince.com/dreamdiary/archives/000014.html"]this is what it means[/url]:
:rolling: I don't like that being outside the Church is supposed to be a fortunate omen though. <_< And the meaning of the yellow nuns seems contradictory.
[/quote]

LOL!!! Thanks for clearing it up.... :D: :topsy: :D:

Our Handmaid Consolers of Our Lady of LaSalette will have a white and yellow habit. Their habit is based on what OL LaSalette wore. Yellow and white are heavenly colors, and I found that on another website, but I can't remember which one.

Blessings,
Gemma