An Old School Catholic Message Board

Islamic Shariah law at work - Iran: Executing minors for being raped

Lounge Daddy

EEEK!!! sorry, :ohno: :cry:

I had no idea about that. All I am trying to do is make some good. I'm so sorry if I have offended you. that makes me sad that I have offended you. I will no longer post on this thread. you have a right to be mad at me.

God, please forgive me, I was ignorant of the toruble I made. :ohno: :sadder:

I AM IGNORANT!! I AM IGNORANT!! sorry prose. :ohno: :ohno:

Edited by peep

and one final thing,

I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG BUT TRY TO HELP ONE OF THE GIRLS THIS THREAD IS TALKING ABOUT!!! GOD HAS SHOWN ME HOW TO HELP and I AM HELPING!!
I AM HELPING!!!

:maddest: :maddest: :maddest:

[quote name='peep' post='1055637' date='Sep 2 2006, 10:15 AM']

I had no idea about that. All I am trying to do is make some good. I'm so sorry if I have offended you. that makes me sad that I have offended you. I will no longer post on this thread. you have a right to be mad at me.

[/quote]

hey, I am not sure the hijack comments by Cmom and Prose were directed at you - they were directed at Choose and company with the debate about faith and reason that had sprung up in this thread.
don't fuss, don't fret, don't worry

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='peep' post='1055637' date='Sep 2 2006, 10:15 AM']

[/quote]
you didn't hijack the thread, you were right on target :)

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1055624' date='Sep 2 2006, 03:51 PM']
This thread is about minors executed for being raped, take the hijack elsewhere.
Start your own thread.
[/quote]

With respect, this thread is about the execution of minors with the justification being faith. The result of that is people firing up about how evil Islam is, and they are right. It is evil. But it was not a hijack to draw the parallel between this awful attrocity and the consequences of the Catholic faith, since both arise from the same cause - faith instead of reason based value judgements. Both cost lives.

So if you think it is unreasonable to ask people to critically question their own opinions by demonstrating how their own perception also has consequences then I must disagree. Since many lives are at risk, if there is even the slightest chance that I am making a valid assertion then I would question your morality if you denied the option for your beliefs to be questioned. This is relevant. It is not a hijack and it would be an insult to the lives being lost to AIDS if you denied the continuation of this discussion in it's current thread where some people may be following it.

I have invited people to continue discussion on my blog as an alternative but nobody has taken up the offer and the link to thread I had ready was removed.

Peace.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='choose' post='1055761' date='Sep 2 2006, 04:23 PM']
With respect, this thread is about the execution of minors with the justification being faith. The result of that is people firing up about how evil Islam is, and they are right. It is evil. But it was not a hijack to draw the parallel between this awful attrocity and the consequences of the Catholic faith, since both arise from the same cause - faith instead of reason based value judgements. Both cost lives.

So if you think it is unreasonable to ask people to critically question their own opinions by demonstrating how their own perception also has consequences then I must disagree. Since many lives are at risk, if there is even the slightest chance that I am making a valid assertion then I would question your morality if you denied the option for your beliefs to be questioned. This is relevant. It is not a hijack and it would be an insult to the lives being lost to AIDS if you denied the continuation of this discussion in it's current thread where some people may be following it.

I have invited people to continue discussion on my blog as an alternative but nobody has taken up the offer and the link to thread I had ready was removed.

Peace.
[/quote]
I DIDN"T ask you to stop your discussion, simply to start your own thread.

[quote]I DIDN"T ask you to stop your discussion, simply to start your own thread.[/quote]

Why? What are the criteria by which the local thought police decide that comments are or are not on topic? It seems to me quite obvious that when the brutality of a faith is being discussed that the brutality of faith in general is valid. If you don't agree, I believe you will find some valid arguments in my previous posts demonstrating the relevance.

You just don't like that instead of this thread being a place for you and your friends to slam Islam that instead a valid parellel is also being drawn to your own faith.

So either get off my back or get on the back of everyone that chose to debate with me as well :)

Or is it that they can say what they want because it agrees with your point of view? There wouldn't be any bias here would there?

Anyway, it looks like the discussion fizzled out anyway.

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1056025' date='Sep 3 2006, 12:27 PM']
Winchester, with your avatar, I always hear Captain Jack Sparrow voicing your words.
[/quote]
Excellent.