Sign in to follow this  
Tony

Remembering A Modern Day Saint.

brandelynmarie
I ask for the intercession of the young nun who is my avatar, Sr. Magdalena of the Eucharist. :saint2: She died fairly recently & lived the Gospel simply & beautifully. I will add Deora, too. :) I always think of all the uncanonized saints in Heaven & the holy souls in Purgatory... :blush:

Quasar
On September 11, 2014 at 2:38 AM, brandelynmarie said:

I ask for the intercession of the young nun who is my avatar, Sr. Magdalena of the Eucharist. :saint2: She died fairly recently & lived the Gospel simply & beautifully. I will add Deora, too. :) I always think of all the uncanonized saints in Heaven & the holy souls in Purgatory... :blush:

Who is the Nun in your avatar?  If you tell us about her, maybe more will join you in asking her intercession.

dominicansoul

I've been reflecting on the people who did the unthinkable on this day.  I'm not talking about the terrorists.  When you think about it, it's easy to kill.  Just as it's easy to hate.  But to love!  To love takes risks!  When we love, our entire being rises up, above the boundaries of this poor earth.  There is a degree of love that takes everything...  

On this day I remember all the men and women who forgot their own selves in the effort to rescue others.  From the outside these people looked average, ordinary, unrecognizable, just another face in the crowd.  But on this day, they took upon themselves the image of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  They truly fulfilled our Lords formula:  "greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."    Along with the person you posted about, we witnessed numerous human beings step up to save as many lives they could and act upon this devastation, even if it meant their own lives would be lost.  As yucky and horrifying this day was, these heroes became the blinding lights in the abominable darkness.  

...on this day we witnessed the rarest of all loves...and there was no where the darkness could run to escape it....

Edited by dominicansoul