An Old School Catholic Message Board

Psalms Or Proverbs Project

N/A Gone

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1130792' date='Nov 29 2006, 12:22 PM']
Im working on the presentation on the todah.

The whole sermon concludes around the concept of the todah (hebrew thanksgiving/praise) extending into the Eucharist (eucharista: greek-thanksgiving)

My question right now would be that my audience is protestant. They will literally turn-off if I mention the word eucharist. I spoke to 2 friends of mine last night about this and they said there is an incredible prejudice towards that term.

How would you deal with this issue? Use the terminalogy anyway regardless of their effect? (*possibly get a bad grade for "axe grinding" or "attempting to convert students"--great to hear those btw)

How can I keep the audience user-friendly and still conclude the truth?
[/quote]
well, all you're doing is quoting scripture. the word "eucharistia" is found in 15 different places in scripture (go [url="http://bible.crosswalk.com/Lexicons/Greek/grk.cgi?number=2169&version=kjv"][b]here[/b][/url] and see the verse count on the right). once they see that the word is scriptural, they should be ok w/ it.

I did it..

woah, old school Old Testament teacher got so flustered and took off his glasses and went to the white board and started ranting about hot todah has nothing to do with the last supper and the physical references are just a dogmatic (*proto term for puting your own doctrine ahead of scripture..ala isgesis) and a bastardization of jewish practices

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1130859' date='Nov 29 2006, 02:30 PM']
yea, looking over my project I dont want to ditch eucharist...

what if I said something about eucharist, communion? Is it appropriate? Protestants understand communion. CofC puts a big importance on their "rememberance" and unity of the communion.

Is there a way to do this without losing the power, yet remain relatable?

30 seconds and no raphel...**giggles**
[/quote]
I was in class. :P:

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1130948' date='Nov 29 2006, 04:55 PM']
I did it..

woah, old school Old Testament teacher got so flustered and took off his glasses and went to the white board and started ranting about hot todah has nothing to do with the last supper and the physical references are just a dogmatic (*proto term for puting your own doctrine ahead of scripture..ala isgesis) and a bastardization of jewish practices
[/quote]
hey, u should post your presentation, if you don't care. also, did you see my last post in this thread? did u take my advice?

i took your post as justification, um..permission? For going with it. I did not rub it in his face or anything, but I did not go out of my way to by-pass it.

it is a powerpoint file. I had problems loading a bloody word file earlier. Help me and I will hook you up. I pretty much took your notes and developed it; nuthin special

when you make a new post, at the bottom there is a place to add an attachment. just attach the powerpoint file to your post.

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1132085' date='Nov 30 2006, 04:47 PM']
testing...

did it work?
[/quote]
no, you must be retarded, haha :D: