An Old School Catholic Message Board

Aloysius

so okay I must be a nerd or something but this show freakin rocks. one of the best shows on tv in my humble estimation even though it's supposed to be for kids... the plot lines are so deep and the lessons and themes are great... oh and strike my last comment, not 'even though', but 'because of'... they don't even try to sneak in adult humor like most made-for-kids stuff nowadays.

anyway, I know I can't be the only one that likes this show... come on now, if nothing else there's a flying six legged bicen and a winged lemur running around in a mix of ancient asian cultures where the martial arts move things and there's only 4 elements so you don't need no periodic tables or nothin... what's not to love?

I guess I'm the only one admitting it... yeah I know you all watch nickelodean in secret.

no, but seriously, this is a pretty good show.

i know anime fans would say it's not really anime, and non-anime fans would say it's too anime... but i don't really care for anime (except for Full Metal Alchemist, for some reason I got into that) but this is a great show.

soo.... anyone care to admit their watching of this show yet? i know you're out there!

ok ill admit...avatar is one of my favorite shows.
i like how the creators mix animals and such...cant go wrong with a turtle duck also the 4 tribes and such.

also i think is american anime or amerime as some of my friends say.

im gona sound way more nerdy now....who is your favortie tribe? i gotta go with the water tribe...i would prefer water bending then any of the others.

BullnaChinaShop

Lauren and I really like Avatar as well although we haven't seen it since the end of the first season.

haha I knew it!

I like the airbenders myself... seems to me a big enough burst of air can pretty much move all the other elements anyway even if you're not the avatar. plus, flying's really cool.

the second season's pretty good. I suppose you're not supposed to, but you can find all the episodes on youtube. it's so hard to pay attention to when nickelodeon's gonna air another episode.

It's pretty good, and yeah, it's Amerime, just like Teen Titans on Cartoon Network.

I really like the concept of the tribes, except for the fire tribe. Since I work with elements, I don't feel that they really got the whole gist of the fire element. Fire is pure passion, but they really only show passionate anger and passionate ambition. There's also passionate love, among other things.

I think the point of that is that the fire tribe has lost their way and given into the passionate anger. But like aang said, he used to have friends all over the world even in the fire nation. I doubt he was friends with passionately angry firebenders... he would so have gotten beat up by those types.

they do show that not everyone in the firenation is bad. look at iroh.

cool, I guess my suggestions carry weight around here or something :unsure: haha

this is a show I will def be buying the DVD of if/when they come out with it (I'm sure they will, Nick is making a killing off of it).

God Conquers

awww... I want more episodes! Stupid Summer

I'd definately go with airbender I think.

Although waterbenders should be able to do more...

Aren't humans 80% water? They could just bend entire armies into smithereens.

well, that's probably why they can heal... bending the water the body is made out of and all... but I suppose bending water in humans would be something more high level and tricky than just straight out water... I bet aang could water-bend a whole army into smithereens while in the avatar state but probably not a many waterbender could do that.

you already watched all the episodes in books 1 and 2? (I think they're all up on youtube) yeah I can't wait for more episodes too. next one is called "secret of the firenation"... and seeing as the solar eclipse thing was already revealed I bet this has something to do with Iroh's secret society of the white lotus