An Old School Catholic Message Board

Aloysius

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1420320' date='Nov 16 2007, 11:16 AM']I assume you haven't cheated, then; trust me, the upcoming couple episodes will not disappoint ;)[/quote]

I missed a lot. I just got back from vacation and now need to catch up

[quote name='The Bus Station' post='1420078' date='Nov 15 2007, 09:58 PM']This is the only show I follow on television, besides Jeopardy. It is probably one of the best-written shows on TV right now. I've been following it since the middle of the first season. And yes, I must say, this season is going pretty slow. I'm just glad I'm not the only one.[/quote]
How does one "follow" Jeopardy? I wasn't aware that it had a plot. :lol_roll:

So good to see that there are other members of the Phamily that appreciate Avatar. Its an awesome show and I have to admit: I cheated too Al. :P Cant wait to see what happens next you know with...uh huh...being revealed about...ackhem's achoo. You know what I mean?

Theologian in Training

I just caught myself up and then some. I have to say, I am really disappointed in chapter 11. I don't want to give too much away, but, suffice it say, something better happen soon...I do have to say though, I am impressed with Prince Zuko :)

And, one more thing, they really need him to have his Avatar state back...without that the show is getting very dull.

Edited by Theologian in Training

The Bus Station

Day of Black Sun was a much needed burst of excitement. Though I agree that Aang is really getting boring. He hasn't done anything all season, not even last night. But they built good suspense for next week.

BullnaChinaShop

Aang may have been mostly boring so far this season while the focus was on his friends, but he will be the focus for most of the rest of the season as he will have to master fire-bending before he faces the Fire Lord.

I have wondered in the past who would teach Aang fire-bending. Zuko seemed like a good candidate except that I never considered him a master. Because of this I thought Iroh might have been the one to teach Aang. But after Zuko's defense of himself against his father I believe that he might have become a master himself and fully capapble of traing Aang.

I can't wait to see how the rest of the story unfolds.

• 2 weeks later...
Theologian in Training

I just watched 12, it was very good :) Who would have thought Zuko would be on their side...this is starting to get much more interesting.

I always suspected Zuko would change sides, but I thought it'd be a last minute decision in the very last episode wherein he would swing the tide for a victory in the end. this is pretty good though, should be interesting. he was so awkward asking to join them, I thought that was so funny.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so i just watched 13. still like it and all, but they really need to kick it up a notch after that episode. last one i'll forgive them for based on it seeming to be necessary plot development... replace some of these weird awkward social situations with actual drama and fighting, please, in the next few episodes.

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1442308' date='Jan 5 2008, 06:58 AM']ok, so i just watched 13. still like it and all, but they really need to kick it up a notch after that episode. last one i'll forgive them for based on it seeming to be necessary plot development... replace some of these weird awkward social situations with actual drama and fighting, please, in the next few episodes.[/quote]

I agree to an extent, however, I think it was important and necessary to the plot to have this episode and to establish the power that fire has and the meaning of firebending. It was one of the better episodes of the season imo.

• 3 months later...
Theologian in Training

Avatar will be ending in July, with a 4 part finale

[url="http://www.avatarspirit.net/"]http://www.avatarspirit.net/[/url]

Don't watch if you don't like spoilers...