An Old School Catholic Message Board

Aloysius

God Conquers

September

ya... I watched almost all of them... I really did like it... it's well done and cool. I see why it's #1 in 9-14 yr old boys.

AND, there's a game coming out soon that looks pretty sweet!

• 2 months later...

who's been watchin? dont be afraid to admit it, even though it's on nickelodean it's a great show!

I'm not sure... so far I might have liked book 1 better... but that's just cause book 1's already been all tied up and everything; likely when book 2 is complete i'll view it the same way.

but appa not bein there is weird... if appa's dead aang will flip out. :ninja:

he probably won't be, it's a kids' show... besides aang seems to have grown through the experience of losing him and maybe he wouldn't flip out. sokka's been less fun inho in the last couple episodes... but he was great in the desert with the cactus juice : :sweat:

Yeah I'm not gonna lie I watch that show from time to time its not as bad as I thought it was gonna be especially for a Nicklodeon show! Did anybody catch the movie???

I'm a fan...

I did like book 1 better... SO FAR.

We'll see.

Ba Sing Se is totally weird... and I hope it isn't too complicated and doesn't get too political... I mean it's a kid's show it should be fun.

Sokka just gets funnier and funnier though, and I love it when Toph gets thrown into the mix with her sarcasm.

Theologian in Training

Well, see I have less shame, I watch that and most every other cartoon on Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network...I tell people I am doing research for my upcoming clown show, which people usually believe, but I think people stop believing it when the show has come and gone :)

Anyway, I do watch it, I need to get caught up on it...I think Nick is running the first season again so people can get caught up, though the last one I saw was the Fire Nation one, that was cool.

haha yeah, I'm not a fan of anime either but this show is just so good it transcends whether it should be fanned by anime-ers...

anyway, I agree book 1 seemed better... but I think that might just be (in my mind) because I see it all as closed up and all the stuff in book 2 haven't closed up yet so you're not sure where they're goin. Ba Sing Sei is so totally creepy and Appa better get returned soon so the kids aren't so tied down by Ba Sing Sei and all.

sokka- yeah... though I don't think he'll ever top the cactus juice/giant mushroom stuff; that was priceless.

but I really have no idea where they're going with Ba Sing Sei... and what's up with the timeline at this point? are they in summer yet? the comet's supposed to come at the end of summer... that's confusing. but yeah... with Ba Sing Sei being so creepy and them being unable to do anything about the Earth Kingdom's army it feels like the whole getting info on the solar eclips thing will be for nothing...

there's gotta be some climax in Ba Sing Sei like there was in the North Pole.

oh... and Iroh will teach aang firebending I bet, but that's a whole book away!

God Conquers

I think the bit about Iroh is true... I love Iroh!

Also... I think Aang and the gang... "Team Boomerang" if you will, will find a way to get to the King, and there will be a "Lord of the Rings-esque" moment where he becomes awesome.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1074559' date='Sep 25 2006, 02:39 AM']
Never seen it. Emperor's New School is more my style ;)
[/quote]
Mine to. It's one of ABC Kids Satrday morning cartoon shows, or one of the S.M.C.S.

And I've only seen one episode of Avatar and that was when we went on vacation last year at Pemiquid. THAT WAS ONE OF THE BEST VACATIONS EVER!! Even though it was mostly watching TV....... <_< :lol:

Edited by fonebone

• 3 weeks later...
Theologian in Training

I finally finished watching season 1 tonight. The way they ended that was awesome! I love when Aang goes into the Avatar state, it is just so cool.

Man, I cannot believe I waited this long to finish watching the first season...amazing!!

• 2 weeks later...