An Old School Catholic Message Board

If We State...

Guest Guest

JMJ
9/27 - St. Vincent de Paul

I would personally be offended if Phatmassers stopped prudently and charitably evangelizing because someone asked not to receive the Gospel in its fullness. That's my take on it, though, not an official stance.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Pio Nono' post='1076711' date='Sep 27 2006, 01:13 PM']
JMJ

I would personally be offended if Phatmassers stopped prudently and charitably evangelizing because someone asked not to receive the Gospel in its fullness. That's my take on it, though, not an official stance.
[/quote]
What if a protestant site was sending people here and dUSt was sick of it? I would hope that they would respect dUSt's wishes and not launch organized evangelization campaigns on phatmass. Similarly I think we should respect other people's sites. That's basically where I'm coming from. Although the internet is public, not everyone considers their message boards an appropriate venue for debate, and we should respect guidelines and requests from other boards if we expect our guidelines and requests to be honored.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Pio Nono' post='1076711' date='Sep 27 2006, 01:13 PM']
JMJ

[/quote]
The false implication here is that honoring someone's request would be equal to giving up on prudent and charitable evangelization. In my opinion persisting in spite of a request to back off would not be prudent or charitable; it wouldn't be authentic evangelization at all in my opinion.

If you were discussing the faith with someone in person and they asked you quite clearly to leave them alone would you follow them down the street trying to provoke a discussion? I think the respectful and proper thing to do would be to give them some space.

There are plenty of sites on the internet, removing one from the list of potential FBC sites would hardly constitute the end of evangelization.

Just as dUSt has every right to restrict and moderate this site and its membership, so do those who run their own message boards. I am quite surprised that people here think the appropriate thing would be to ignore the requests of other boards. What would this lead to? Probably mass bannings and plenty of hard feelings; it certainly wouldn't be a very good witness. It would also mean that we are hypocrites if we expect others to honor the rules of phatmass.

And respecting such a wish would not be failure, there would still be other options. We could engage in diplomacy and negotiate the possibility of being able to participate in debates and discussions. But if a site does not want Catholic evangelists on their boards, that is their right.
When you look at it from their perspective FBC probably seems a lot like trolling or spamming, and we certainly don't tolerate that here.

phatcatholic

[quote name='Guest' post='1074826' date='Sep 25 2006, 05:25 PM']
If a Protestant site clearly states a request that he or she not be subjected to your fuzzy bunny crusade, will that be honored?
[/quote]
As an admin of the FBC, I can tell you that this request would be honored.

[b]Mt 10:4[/b] And if any one will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet as you leave that house or town