An Old School Catholic Message Board

Woman "consecrates Virginity"

the_rev

[quote name='Gemma' post='1087348' date='Oct 9 2006, 05:03 PM']
I seem to recall a lady in the midwest (can't remember exactly where) who said she was a divorcee and taking the "virginal consecration." [/quote]
Could you pleeeeease try and find out if this is true? :shock: :unsure: It would be against everything I learnd and heard on my long way towards the consecration...

[quote name='Gemma' post='1087348' date='Oct 9 2006, 05:03 PM']I'm only going off of what others have said. I see no reason to go ballistic.

Blessings,
Gemma
[/quote]
Sorry, I didn´t want to be "ballistic" - :blush: I apologize if I have offended you! I didn´t want to be rude!!!!!! :blush: :blush: :blush:

MEA CULPA!!!!! :bow:

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1087394' date='Oct 9 2006, 06:36 PM']
I believe All4Him's native language is German, rather than English. For this reason I would be extra-charitable in reading non-verbal overtones in her post, just as I expect a little leeway in anything I write in Dutch.

Love and prayers,

PP
[/quote]
Thank you very much for "defending" me... yes, I am German, and I never wanted to be rude... I am so sorry!!!!!
:sadder:

Edited by All4HIM

PP is Dutch, you're German, and I'm autistic. We're all in good company. I've got a BA degree in English, but I have a problem communicating because of my condition.

I left something out of my original post. I should have mentioned that I thought it a little odd that a woman who was not a virgin could become a CV. I had always thought that one had to be such to make the consecration.

I emailed a CV I know off-board, and she said that non-virgins were exempt from the CV class. She went on to say that the Vatican had not promulgated a consecration for widows, but there is always the private vow of perpetual chastity which a widow can make.

So, yes, CVs are definitely CVs, and no one else can join their ranks.

I still think there should be something like that available for men without it being sacerdotal or eremetical in nature.

Blessings,
Gemma

[quote name='Gemma' post='1087435' date='Oct 9 2006, 12:54 PM']
I still think there should be something like that available for men without it being sacerdotal or eremetical in nature.

[/quote]
I agree!

[quote name='Gemma' post='1087435' date='Oct 9 2006, 01:54 PM']

Blessings,
Gemma
[/quote]

Funny, I said the same thing when a male friend asked about what he could do that is similar. He thought it wasn't fair to men. Maybe there is something in say the Byzantine or Orthodox rites we can draw from?? Ahh a research project!!!

I'm from the Diocese of Buffalo and was at the ceremony. The Rite of Consecration is exquisitely beautiful. The prayers are powerful. Bishop Kmiec remarked at the end of the Mass that the Rite was like a homily to contemporary culture, reminding it of more important things.

I hope this catches on more, it is a wonderful way for women to live radical evangelical lives.

D.Be