An Old School Catholic Message Board

Heaven's Weapons

cantstopdancin9

cantstopdancin9

I just read "JMJ HEAVEN'S WEAPONS" (it's this little leaflet) and I did not realize how important it was to pray the rosary and to wear your scapular until just now. No one who's taught me never really put much pressure on me about it. Gee whiz...if every catholic in the world prayed the rosary, that be very nice, considering we're converting our world into some very ugly place that I really don't want to live in. Ok, just thought I'd tell you all. Have a nice day :angry:

littleflower+JMJ

i pray the rosary and wear my scapular we have too, its our responsiblilty we're fighting evil and the rosary is the "whip" against the devil and the scapular is our "armor and shield"...have you notice how both were given by the Blessed Mother?

She's our protector!

its really good if you start praying the rosary, many graces, blessings and intentions are granted for you, the church and for the whole world...

keep it up, its never too late to start praying hardcore...

i'm with ya sista!

+JMJ

B)

BarefootRocker

i pray the rosary regularly- but i'm not informed at all about scapulars. i feel dumb- but no one's ever taught me about them. i know there are many different kinds, but i dont know what the difference is...or anything! can anyone help me? i looked around the net a bit, trying to figure it out, but i just got more confused.

:angry:

i'm finding lately that i'm very uniformed about a lot of things.

Searcher825

I don't pray the rosary... hardly ever.. I don't because I can't focus, I just end up saying the prayers over and over and not focusing on what I should be focusing on so I figured there was no point. I mean, I love Mary and I give her her respect but I can't get into the Rosary...

cantstopdancin9

I'm not sure if you can buy it in a bookstore or not. My grandpa gave it to me, all I know is it's called "Heaven's weapons" and it's this little fold out brocure. Here is the address that was on it:

Apostolate of Jesus, Mary & Joseph -- GM

200 Van Brocklin Rd.

St.Martinville, La.

Maybe you can write to them and ask to send you a copy.

littleflower+JMJ

you know on that day that the Blessed Mother gave the scapular to St. Simon Stock, she knew what we were going to be facing....the scapular and praying the rosary are all very important in order to fight this invisible fight against the devil and all evil...

we have them for a reason, ....

::JMJ goes looking for a scapular to put on since she lost her old one::

Good Friday

Don't forget about the Miraculous Medal, also known as the Medal of the Immaculate Conception. The image on the medal was given by Our Lady to St. Catherine Laboure, a nun in Rue du Bac, France. It was originally called the Medal of the Immaculate Conception, but its many miracles earned it the title of Miraculous Medal. One of its most famous miracles was the conversion of Alphone Ratisbonne, a Jew who hated the Catholic Church. A Catholic friend of his convinced him to wear the Miraculous Medal and pray the Memorare every day for nine days. He did, and on the ninth day he received an apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary in the church of Sant' Andrea delle Fratte in Rome in which she procured for him the grace of being infused with the Faith. Instantly, he knew everything about the Faith and was converted. He then became a priest in the Society of Jesus for a while, and then obtained his release from the Jesuits from Pope Pius IX so that he could go to Palestine to work for the conversion of the Jews and Muslims there.

You can buy Miraculous Medals at the Militia Immaculata website. Individual Miraculous Medals are $0.25, and 50 Miraculous Medals are only $9.00. This cost is only to cover the production. If you consecrate yourself to Jesus through Mary and enroll in the Militia Immaculata, you receive your first Miraculous Medal free in the mail. I highly recommend the consecration, the Blessed Virgin has used my consecration to bring me graces I couldn't even begin to describe.

gopherball33

1. how do u consecrate yourself?

2. do you need to join anything to wear a scapular? i read in the article that CSD posted that there is something you need to join

3. can the Rosary be said in parts? (i.e. say a decade in the mornng, another an hour or so later, and another in a few hours, and so on?)

IcePrincessKRS

1. how do u consecrate yourself?

2. do you need to join anything to wear a scapular?  i read in the article that CSD posted that there is something you need to join

3. can the Rosary be said in parts?  (i.e. say a decade in the mornng, another an hour or so later, and another in a few hours, and so on?)

1) Do you mean Consecrate to Jesus through Mary? There's another thread about that, I think, in Open Mic.

2) You do not need to join anything in order to wear a scapular. You CAN be "enrolled" in the scapular. When you are enrolled you carry the blessing of the scapular with you always, if you lose or break your scapular and get a new one its not necessary to get it blessed if you are enrolled. Ask your priest about it. :)

3) Yes.