An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lost And Scared

BarefootRocker

BarefootRocker

hoo boy. after being called a heretic last night i don't know what to believe. i was raised in Catholic schools and really thought i had some solid ground and knowledge about the church. right now, i'm so confused. it feels like the only solid thing i had in life (my Catholic faith) is shaken and maybe not what i ever believed it to be. i'm scared that i'm completely wrong in my beliefs... i feel lost, because i'm presented with lots of conflicting beliefs within the Church and don't know what's right. can i be damned for believing something i was taught as right, or interpreted from what i was taught and fully believed was right??? i guess i didn't think the way this guy approached what he saw as 'bringing me back' is what Christ intended.... the way he approached it made me angry and sad because i felt attacked and like i had no chance.... he made it seem like i was a horrible person who told everyone to hurt people.... and what happened to not judging a person?? he can tell me i'm wrong, i'm open to that, but telling me i'm damned??? i've already lost a lot of sleep over this. what began all this is a friend of mine who's explorign other religions, trying to find God in his life. i support him, i think it's good to take a good thorough look at what you really believe. i also think he'll eventually find his way back to the church....

a few things he said:

"That is foolishness. It is your thinking that brought on the pain and suffering of the Protestant Rebellion. It is your thinking that insults a thousand Crusaders who died for you in the Judean wilderness. Their blood was certainly wasted on you, as was the blood of Jesus Christ and His Martyrs. There is Truth, and there is Heresy, and it should be the job of the Church to police it's members with the Inquisition and make sure that there is One Universal Truth: One God, One Church, One Head, One Faith."

"You are damned because you are one of those who scandalizes little children, telling them heresy, nonsense, ruining their chances of salvation. It is your fault that so much pain is caused... I wish the Inquisition could root you out and destroy your lies like in the old days, and bring those you infected back into the Fold."

"I know you, because I argue with you and your kind every day. You stink of lies and the Devil."

i'm just really distressed about this.

:angry:

IcePrincessKRS

I'm really sorry your friend has hurt you like this. What he said is totally uncalled for. He has no right to judge your soul. So far I have yet to see you say anything heretical.

If you have questions ask and they can be answered. Ask us here, ask your priest, you'll get answers. Seriously, if you have doubts or questions about something the Church teaches there are plenty of people here on this site who can help you find the answers. Study your faith, read the Catechism, and pray.

I'm praying for ya, and for that friend of yours.

"I know you, because I argue with you and your kind every day.  You stink of lies and the Devil."

I'm so sorry. This person had no right to tear you down like that. But he has been mislead to think he knows all about the Catholic Church--and he got you to believe him. DON'T LOOSE HEART!!!! YOU know the Church better than he does because you belong to it. I have a dear friend of mine who believes that the Catholic faith is very messed up because her dad was raised Catholic, but attends a different denomination with them and does not believe in Catholicisim. She thinks she knows all about it (and it must be wrong) from her dad's misconceptions! But she really doesn't understand at all...

YOU know what being Catholic is all about. Stand strong in your persecution--odd as it sounds, it's a blessing!! You will be in my prayers.

in Him,

Sarah

BarefootRocker

thanks, both of you.

sometimes... it feels like the faith and the Church are like one of those carnival games (no disrespect intended- just trying to get my feeling across) i know its not, but sometimes it feels that way. it looks pretty easy when you first see it- throw the ring on the bottle, get the prize. but then you get there and try and try and try and it keeps bouncing off. then you start trying all sorts of different approaches to throwing it, and you think you'll get it for sure, but still nothing. people will tell you "i won because i turned around three times before throwing!" but you know that's crazy.... but sometimes you start believing it. then you end up wondering if it's really possible at all to win- or if the crazy person was right- or if you just need to keep trying the way you know.

i think that kind of captures it....

i just all of a sudden panicked that i could be completely wrong. kind of like when you know that it's illegal to drive barefoot. then you get pulled over barefoot- panic- only to have the cop tell you it's not illegal at all. your head just spins for a while, that something you were so sure of turned to smoke.

lol; is that where your name came from? :) I like your comparison...it's as good as the AIM/God comparison I heard at church tonight...last night...grr!

Well, let us know if you need a rock again.

in Him,

Sarah

BarefootRocker

haha, well i'm what people call a 'barefooter'- i only wear shoes when its absolutely required... in stores (after they tell me) and in church out of respect. otherwise i'm wandering around with no shoes. and my favorite band describes themselves as 'barefoot rock' so it's kind of a combination. but yeah- i thought it was illegal to drive barefoot for a long time!!!

wow, from what I've been gathering, he is not the person to be judging your soul. Only God can do that. if he thinks he has the right to, then maybe he's damned He cannot tell you those things w/o feeling like carp, & if he did, then man he's in for a RUDE awakening. i'm sorry he said that to you. It's not cool, nice, or anything else. You are one of Gods as he is, & you have so far shown it...you're amesome....definatly if you have questions, ask.....I may not know the answer b/c I'm what you ca.....DITSY! but I know there are others on here you can answer your questions & if it comes down to it, I'll ask others in my town about it & then I'll answer you!....I love ya!! God Bless you & I'm praying for you!

BarefootRocker

thank you! lol_grin.gif i'll come up with questions later when i've had time to define them....

i'm instituting a new 'free hugs' policy. you need hugs, come to me. *hugs!*

BarefootRocker:

Been there too!

Let yourself be wrapped in the arms of Jesus and just rest in Him for awile! He is the oooonly one who has a right to judge you!

Blessings and Prayers,

Nell

i'm instituting a new 'free hugs' policy. you need hugs, come to me. *hugs!*

Well, we'll have to make sure YOU get plenty of hugs!! :( Here; could you use one now? *hugs* *hugs* Feel better? :wacko:

IcePrincessKRS

haha, well i'm what people call a 'barefooter'- i only wear shoes when its absolutely required... in stores (after they tell me) and in church out of respect.  otherwise i'm wandering around with no shoes.

Oh my word... my husband is the same way. lol He wore sandals all winter long, through snow and everything--he only wore normal shoes once and socks twice. He'll go barefoot anywhere he can get away with it. Sometimes if he takes off his shoes someplace he'll forget to put them back on and before we leave I have to remind him to put them on. lol

cmotherofpirl

"You are damned because you are one of those who scandalizes little children, telling them heresy, nonsense, ruining their chances of salvation. It is your fault that so much pain is caused... I wish the Inquisition could root you out and destroy your lies like in the old days, and bring those you infected back into the Fold."

"I know you, because I argue with you and your kind every day.  You stink of lies and the Devil."

i'm just really distressed about this.

:unsure:

THis person is a fanatic and an idiot.

Only God can judge your soul.

Hugs from cmom

TempleofVesarius

your friend sounds like one of those guys on the corner in a big city shouting

"THE END IS NEAR!!! APOCOLYPSE"!!!!!!

not his place to judge