An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lost And Scared

BarefootRocker

GodsThespianChic

Oh wow. That's harsh. Well, I've never been a called a heretic, but I have been called a hypocrite. It smells of elderberries. How did I deal? I didn't worry about it. Only God knows my heart. The kid that called me the hypocrite? Well, he didn't!! Your "friend" is not a real friend, sorry to say...but he doesn't know you, obviously, and I know it's easier said than done, but you need to worry less about your soul (because from what I can tell, you're NOT a heretic) and more about his!

BarefootRocker

thanks everybody- especially for the hugs. lol_grin.gif (yeah, they did make me feel a lot better B) ) i just got a bit shaken and realized that i need to do a lot more learning about my faith so that i can know in the future, when i come up against something like this, what is right. i suppose some good came of what he said, then!

a thought i had at work... while power-washing the floors.... (working with water, i guess that's where this came from...another analogy...)

the Church and faith are like the ocean. a lot of people spend all their time swimming on the surface, or in a boat floating along... sure, it's pretty up there, but have you ever scuba-dived?? man alive, it's like a whole different world. there's so much beauty down there, that everyone who stays at the surface misses. it's so peaceful and beautiful and all around wonderful. i think the people on the surface are afraid of sharks- some of the things under the surface that seem hard, or scary... but the scuba divers aren't afraid. they know that sharks are part of the ocean, and part of the balance of life there. have you ever seen the movie 'a perfect storm'? the surface of the ocean was definitely not a fun place during that storm...but you know what?? way down deep below that turmoil on the surface, the fish (and maybe a scuba diver, who knows?) were swimming along, just like everyday. because they're safe in the calm steadiness of the deep. at the heart of faith and the Church, there is strength, like in the deep ocean.

yeah, just a thought i had. lol_grin.gif

hugs for everyone!

littleflower+JMJ

that was soo cool barefoot rocker!! wow, that was amazing!!

that was like the coolest thing i've read in a while!!

thank you so much for sharing that with us! geez, don't hold back anymore of your thoughts okay? ;):P and i mean it!

God bLess!

and **hug**

+JMJ lol_grin.gif

BarefootRocker

thank you IcePrincess! *hugs to you my friend!*

you're quite sparkling, yourself! lol_grin.gif

Edited by BarefootRocker

BarefootRocker

that was soo cool barefoot rocker!! wow, that was amazing!!

that was like the coolest thing i've read in a while!!

thank you so much for sharing that with us! geez, don't hold back anymore of your thoughts okay? ;)  :P  and i mean it!

God bLess!

and **hug**

+JMJ lol_grin.gif

wow, well thanks! right now i'm thinking i'm going to blush.... lol_grin.gif

*huuuuuugs!*

oh, goodness! lol_grin.gif Barefoot rocker, you mUsT be a poet of some sort, right?? I loved that comparison. And if you don't consider yourself a poet, I dub thee Church-simile-maker!! All hail! ;)

**snuffy hugs**

in Him,

Sarah

BarefootRocker

And if you don't consider yourself a poet, I dub thee Church-simile-maker!!  All hail!  :angry:

thank you also! i write some poetry. (i never like it much, lol) thank you for the honorable dub! i'm going to put it under my name thingy! lol_grin.gif

you made my day!!!

*hugbees!*

I have a question, I dont know if it really goes with this topic or not but anyhow...

Aight, Im going to school for Psychology, and its a public school. I have gone to catholic school all my life, and my morals are pretty much set. But my aunt the other day, who by the way si very religious, started talking about how she was worried about me going into a science, because many of the theories and topics can be contovercial in our faith. Now i know the difference and all and know to leanr things but not necisssarily believe in them. But If i get into the feild which i am very interested in, I feel i will need to put my faith aside in treating patients and such. So i guess my question is, would it be against the faith to do this? should i change my major?

cantstopdancin9

Ok, everyone else has given you hugs already, but I'm gonna give you another one anyways! lol_grin.gif

~*HuGs*~

A~

No, you should not change your major! We are in desperate need of Catholic psychologists. If you get your degree in psychology and then continue to study Catholicism you could work for a diocese and help people to work out their psychological problems alongside Catholicism with Jesus, Mary and the Saints. I would highly encourage you to stick with it.

Another thing... Nothing in science contradicts Catholicism. Only human opinion, which is sometimes disguised as fact, contradicts God's truths. Keep that in mind.

Ha ha ha I dont know why but i never even thought about being a "catholic Psychologist" I feel so silly! Thatnk u so much, I feel so much better. I dont know for some reason the talk with my aunt made me feel like my education in Psych was going to corrupt me or something.

BarefootRocker

well this sure has turned into a positive thread! that makes me happy.

yeah, A, definitely follow your heart and go with your major. as with anything in life, we've got to work our faith into it. combine them- let Christ in on all you do! oh, and *hugs*

dancin- thanks!!! hugs are always greatly appreciated!

*megahugs*

-big love,

skates