An Old School Catholic Message Board

Journey 2006

JesusIPray

[quote]I hope I can make it next year... are there any qualifications?[/quote]

The only qualifications you need is to be 14 and in highschool.

The countdown for it is 11 guys. :cool:

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1099407' date='Oct 23 2006, 08:59 PM']
Sweet. :) I'd love to check it out. Who runs it and how often do they have meetings?
[/quote]
Fr. Paul runs it, and we try to meet about once a month. (Although we'd like to do more... we can't fit it into our YM schedule. :ohno: )

[quote name='goldbug16' post='1099465' date='Oct 23 2006, 10:56 PM']
Luthien, I love your sigatar! :love:
[/quote]

Thanks, L_D made it for me. :love:

[quote name='JesusIPray' post='1098368' date='Oct 22 2006, 11:14 AM']
The count down for Journey Retreat 2006 is now upon us :D: It is in two weeks now, and I am beyond phsyced for this event. It is a huge religious event where people from all over Maine and some from PA come here to worship Christ! It's so awesome! Our generation is really coming along. November 4, at 9:00 p.m. I ask for prayers from you guys because it is the deepest part of the whole retreat. The Eucharistic prosession. We make a huge spiral and they walk around the spiral with a Monstrance with Jesus Christ in it. Some people faint, and have visions. This is also a point where people get their calling. Whether to the priesthood or sisterhood, or to a married life. It is very deep, and I ask that your prayers are for us at that time because its shows most of us our path. Thanks guys, you rock!
I'll be respresenting Sts. Peter and Paul Bascilica. There will only be four of us from that church, so if you see a name tag that says that, there is a 1 in 4 chance that its me :)
Is anybody here from Maine or PA going?
[/quote]

SAint Peter and Paul Basilica in Philadelphia...where is the Journey Retreat 2006 at?

Yeah, thats where its been from the beginning I believe, which was in 1999. I also think that its going to be heald there for coming years.

10 days guys! :blush:

[quote name='JesusIPray' post='1100697' date='Oct 25 2006, 10:32 AM']
Yeah, thats where its been from the beginning I believe, which was in 1999. I also think that its going to be heald there for coming years.
10 days guys! :blush:
[/quote]

Actually, in 1999, which was my first, it was somewhere in Augusta. Following that it was in Sanford for a few years. St Doms was a new thing.

[quote name='Luthien' post='1100770' date='Oct 25 2006, 11:17 AM']
Actually, in 1999, which was my first, it was somewhere in Augusta. Following that it was in Sanford for a few years. St Doms was a new thing.
[/quote]
Yeah, my parents actually were some of the ones who set the entire retreat up when it first came to Maine so we kids were always around even when we were too young to technically attend. :hehe: It was first held at St. Paul's Center in Augusta, then got [i]way[/i] too big, and then moved to Sanford and so forth.

[quote name='JesusIPray' post='1101441' date='Oct 26 2006, 11:35 AM']
OOOHHH, if the CFR's arnt going, does that mean that Fr. Terry isnt going?!?!?!
9 Days.
[/quote]
Yes, if they really can't go. I was going to boycott the retreat, but goldbug talked sense back into my essence (ha) and pointed all the cool things that will still be there even without the CFRs and Fr. Terry. :sadder:

We don't know for sure either, that they can't go... it just seems unlikely right now. :ohno: