An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's Your Favourite Color Habit?

Veritas

What's Your Favourite Color Habit?  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i like grey cos of the franciscan friars/sisters of the renewal. they're just so simple and blah that it makes them beautiful!!!! :D:

AlterDominicus

BLACK AND WHITE. Symbol of Joy and Death, thats one reason why I love the Dominican habit.

Particularly Nashville, DSMME, and Summit. So its just great.

Girl #1: Is it okay to hug a monk?

Girl #2: Yes, just as long as you don't get in the habit!

HAhaha.

Edited by Matty_boy

I love gray habits! (ok i will be wearing one next year :D: ) The habit of the Sisters of the most holy Savior (known as Brigidin Sisters) is very beautiful (and gray) and so unusual! (and i will wear it :D: i'm so happy) I think gray is also a couler of the poor. Many monasteries wear it as the coler of the workin habits.

[img]http://www.st-alto-st-birgitta.de/gfx/schwestern.jpg[/img]

But i also like brown! becaus it's also the couler of the poor and Carmelits and the Sisters of Saint Claer wear it to! And the Franciscans and so on...

HeavenlyCalling

I LOVE the Brigitinne habit, I always thought it was so cool, and very distinctive, which is nice, I mean, I like to be able to tell what order you belong to by one look, Like the SMME with the necklace, or the ones with the blue and grey habit (the name totally slipped my mind)

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1120702' date='Nov 15 2006, 12:31 PM']
I LOVE the Brigitinne habit, I always thought it was so cool, and very distinctive, which is nice, I mean, I like to be able to tell what order you belong to by one look, Like the SMME with the necklace, or the ones with the blue and grey habit (the name totally slipped my mind)
[/quote]

+

Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara :D:

Yes, I LOVE the Brigitinne habit as well! I'll never forget walking into one of "their" churches in Rome (unbeknownst to me) and seeing them in prayer! Taking turns before the exposed blessed sacrament in prayer in this BEAUTIFUL chapel! It was the first time I had ever seen Brigitinne sisters (I was a fairly recent convert)... And I was SO struck! It's one of my favourite memories. :)

I'm so glad you're discerning with them Ave Maria!

Veritas has written:
Yes, I LOVE the Brigitinne habit as well! I'll never forget walking into one of "their" churches in Rome (unbeknownst to me) and seeing them in prayer! Taking turns before the exposed blessed sacrament in prayer in this BEAUTIFUL chapel! It was the first time I had ever seen Brigitinne sisters (I was a fairly recent convert)... And I was SO struck! It's one of my favourite memories. :)

I'm so glad you're discerning with them Ave Maria!

Thank you for sharing my happyines! But the Brigitinne Sisters wich you mean are from the contemplativ-apostolic branche (who is the second or swedisch branch of the order) I will join the first branch who is establisht by Saint Brigitta and its only contemplativ and strictly inclosure. (is this correct english?sorry i'm not very god at it ) But they are wonderfull and i'm so happy that i can go to that monastery! :love:

Oh thank you Jesus and Mary!

:bigpray:

Edited by AVE_MARIA

• 1 month later...

Well I LOVE my communities habit so I'd have to say Pink (actually it's technically rose colored) but I also Love the Poor Clares habits too, so brownish/gray would be my next fave color and I LOVE the blessed mother, so I also like blue, but My absolute fave is Pink :love:

goldenchild17

I love our CMRI sisters' bright blue habits.
[img]http://www.cmri.org/pictures/groupshot-05.jpg[/img]

Who wears pink?

Edited by goldenchild17

the lords sheep

The Holy Spirit Adoration sisters wear a rose colored habit in honor of the Holy Spirit.
Here are [url="http://www.mountgraceconvent.org/webpages/index_pictures.htm"]pictures[/url]!!!

Edited by the lords sheep

The CMRI sisters Goldenchild pictured are not in union with Rome.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1162419' date='Jan 12 2007, 01:04 AM']
I love our CMRI sisters' bright blue habits.
[img]http://www.cmri.org/pictures/groupshot-05.jpg[/img]

[/quote]