An Old School Catholic Message Board

Handmaids Of Nazareth

Chiquitunga

praying4carmel

[quote name='irishdancer' post='1531596' date='May 17 2008, 06:08 PM']A friend sent me this link [url="http://www.toledovocations.com/women-in-formation/women-in-formation.html"]HERE[/url] and when I saw your post, I thought you--and our other older discerners--might enjoy seeing a 70 year old novice and her fellow sisters. Click on the names of the ones in black jumpers and Visitation habits. :clap:

It's inspiring![/quote]

Dear Lord, what a wonderful Post!!! It makes me thrilled to see the older women who are responding to the call.
The Lord has something very special in mind for us all young as well as older.

FSM Sister

For those both young and those more mature (over 40, but willing to learn!) check out the Franciscan Sisters of Mary (www.fsmcharism.com) forming in the diocese of Peoria. The members who wish to live in community, do so in the Peoria diocese. Those who are not able or not ready to move to community live the charism in their home parish. Currently, there is a sister in Cleveland, Fort Wayne, Savannah, and San Antonio. Each sister supports herself. Those who live in community share some expenses in common. The formation director can be reached by going to the website and filling out a brief questionnaire. You can also submit prayer requests. The site is still under construction in some areas, so check back often for updates!
Those interested in meeting the sisters this June 11th should follow these seven-fold preparatory steps (in honor of the seven-fold gifts of the Holy Spirit):

1. Pray
2. Go to the website (www.fsmcharism.com)
3. Pray
4. Fill out the brief questionnaire
5. Pray
6. Ask for a recommendation from their parish priest or spiritual director (e-mail submission is fine, as long as a phone number and physical address are provided)
7. Pray

Looking forward to hearing from fervent, Catholic women of all ages!

Sister Mary Margaret, FSM :pray:

DiscerningSoul

[url="http://www.fsmcharism.net/"]http://www.fsmcharism.net/[/url]
I belive this is the website? the one in the above post didn't work.

[quote name='FSM Sister' post='1532039' date='May 17 2008, 11:55 PM']For those both young and those more mature (over 40, but willing to learn!) check out the Franciscan Sisters of Mary (www.fsmcharism.com) forming in the diocese of Peoria. The members who wish to live in community, do so in the Peoria diocese. Those who are not able or not ready to move to community live the charism in their home parish. Currently, there is a sister in Cleveland, Fort Wayne, Savannah, and San Antonio. Each sister supports herself. Those who live in community share some expenses in common. The formation director can be reached by going to the website and filling out a brief questionnaire. You can also submit prayer requests. The site is still under construction in some areas, so check back often for updates!
Those interested in meeting the sisters this June 11th should follow these seven-fold preparatory steps (in honor of the seven-fold gifts of the Holy Spirit):

1. Pray
2. Go to the website (www.fsmcharism.com)
3. Pray
4. Fill out the brief questionnaire
5. Pray
6. Ask for a recommendation from their parish priest or spiritual director (e-mail submission is fine, as long as a phone number and physical address are provided)
7. Pray

Looking forward to hearing from fervent, Catholic women of all ages!

Sister Mary Margaret, FSM :pray:[/quote]

Thank you sister for this information. I am thrilled to see that there are possibilities out there for me. I think I should temper my enthusiasm until I at least get a decision on my annullment. I am anticipating a response on that sometime in the next 4-6 months.
That will give me time to pray and discern and discuss with my Priest. I don't want to get my hopes up too high in case my annullment request is denied. I figure all will be God's will and a denial on the annullment would be a pretty clear indicator that he has something else in mind.

I read everything on the web site and it sounds wonderful!

You are in my prayers!

FSM Sister

[quote name='Deb' post='1532213' date='May 18 2008, 09:31 AM']I read everything on the web site and it sounds wonderful!

You are in my prayers![/quote]

Edited by FSM Sister

FSM Sister

Someone noticed that I put in the wrong link!

It's [url="http://www.fsmcharism.net"]www.fsmcharism.net[/url] (not .com - please forgive me!)

Deb, stay in touch... if you're in MN, you [i]must[/i] be nice! Everyone I know from MN is wonderful.

• 10 months later...
Guest IrisMarie

I realize this thread is a little..... older? But I was an inquirer at one time with the HN, and I thought that they simply divided into two groups. One has another name in Peoria IL, the other being in Steubenville, but I have as yet to find them there.

As a result of their exposure and the heart breaking end to our affiliation, I almost gave up my desire to live consecrated life as a religious sister. But, thanks to my former spiritual director, Sr. Evelyn Gerhart, foundress of the Daughters of St. Dominic in Steubenville, I have again come back, stronger and wiser than ever. I hope to someday announce the launch of a new congregation I and two other women/sisters are forming. It is coming along well, so pray for us.

But, I am still confused. Does the Handmaids of Nazareth still exist or not? I would appreciate the facts from someone in the know.

I do love this website.

Pax et bonum,
Iris Marie <><

p.s. my blog is [url="http://irisfromohio.blogspot.com/"]http://irisfromohio.blogspot.com/[/url] :rolleyes: