An Old School Catholic Message Board

Under God? Really?

Good Friday

Don John of Austria

This email is absurd As I said before Thomas Jefferson rewrote the Gospel and took out all the miricals this is not the act of a Christian but of a Deist, He believed Christ was a Good man but only a man, not a redemmer and certianly not God. Likewise most were not Christians they where Deist, Freemasons. or occultist( like Benjamin Franklin. ) This Email is absurd.

I had to check the calendar.  Yup!  It's the third Tuesday of the month.  I guess you're back again.  Do you consider yourself Catholic this week?  But I digress...

[hijack] Dude, that was way harsh. [/hijack]

Yes. Very harsh.

Religion and our relationship with God is a very grave matter. We come to know God through Religion. Embracing / abandoning religion is embracing / abandoning the foundation of that relationship and not to be taken lightly. Many martyrs have shed their blood and forfeited their earthly life. The Church has been built on their blood, and the blood of Christ. Abandoning it for ideological differences with some of the members is irresponsible and immature.

Good Friday

It certainly is a good thing we're not all condemned for making mistakes, otherwise... well, otherwise we would all be condemned. Yeah, I am Catholic this week. Thanks for asking.

Your on-again, off-again relationship with the Church was frustrating and annoying. I never stopped praying for you at every Mass with the Petitions, and after communion. It wouldn't annoy me if I didn't care.

I figured you'd be back. Didn't think it would be this soon, but I'm glad. (Also, this was the 1st post from you I'd seen in a while here, I saw your others later.)

Reconcilliation is Great!