An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jews And The Trinity

Jake Huether

Jake Huether

Do the Jews believe in a Triun God?

If they don't, shouldn't they?? I mean, if they believe in the same God that Moses believed in, the very same God we believe in, then shouldn't it be Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Granted, they don't believe the Son, the Messiah, has come YET. But don't they believe that the Messiah, when "he" comes, will be the Son of God. They have the Old Testament, and even in the OT there are hints at the Trinity (we will make man in our image, etc.). Actually, at LEAST they should believe in Two of the Three persons (Father and Holy Spirit). There is pretty explicit evidence of the Spirit just in Genesis alone (the second line, the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.)

It is sooo interesting to think, if Jesus hadn't come, we would be worshiping and believing as the Jews do today! And they would be worshiping just like us if they believed Jesus was the Messiah!

On my honeymoon my wife and I befriended a Jewish couple, and I couldn't help but think of how similer (yet different) we were.

I

hyperdulia again

Jews don't believe the Messiah will be divine when he comes. They deny that Holy Spirit is unique. Abraham didn't believe in the Trinity it hadn't been revealed yet.

Interesting fact.

Jews often refer to GOD as Elohim (which is plural). Christ on the cross cried out Eloi Eloi (My GOD My GOD...which is the singular of Elohim). I've always seen that as hinting that He and the Father are one and the same because He can use the singular.

I dunno if I explained that well...but if not I'll re-write it and post later...

cmotherofpirl

The schema (sp) states "The Lord our God, the Lord is One."

This is the basic tenet of Judaism.