An Old School Catholic Message Board

Moral Or Not

vianney

ReformationNow

Look I showed what 5 pages ago that this Govenment doesn't have just authority--at all, I showed it within the confines of the the Catachism yet dispite my fervent appeals Ironmonk jasjis and everyone else who is throughing a fit about "AUTHORITY" has yet to construct anything resembling an arguement about why this Govenment does have authority.  According to ya'lls arguements we Should be listening to queen elizabeth II not some guy in Washington.

Oh But you can't give me any justification all you can do is say the same things over and over agian without ever putting forth anything resembling an arguement.

Oh and Ironmonk, please do not ever insinuate that I don't understand infallability I was studing it in a semenary when you were running around drinking underage, I understand infallability very well and the Catachism is not an infallable document, enough said.

Why does this government not have the authority to tell us that we can or cannot drink at a certain age?

The burden of proof lies on the accuser.

TempleofVesarius

Following this logic...I don't like the laws against pot, coke, or heroin. Therefore, I shall break these laws 'cause they're stupid. I also don't like the law that tells me to drive a certain speed. This law is stupid, created by an invalid government, so I don't have to obey. I also don't like the law against driving while under the influence. I will drive under the influence because the law is stupid.

Follow this logic....I NEVER SAID A THING ABOUT GETTING DRUNK...IM TALKING ABOUT HAVING A SOCIAL BEER OR TWO...IF YOU ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO THINK THAT YOU CAN USE HEROIN OR ANY OF THE OTHER DRUGS YOU METNTIONED EVEN ONCE WITHOUT HURTING YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE, THEN YOU REALLY NEED TO BE EXCECUTED...excuse me EDUCATED.

please once again one of you has misconstrewn my words to try to make me look like some kid who doesnt know what the hell hes talking about....its getting old...

You tell me how it makes sense that I am a legal adult yet my rights are still restricted

and I DARE you to look yourself in the eye and tell yourself that a government that KILLS CHILDREN has the legitamate authority to tell anyone how to run their lives.

Don John of Austria

the use of Heroin is illegal for all based on a desire for Public saftyand Public Health. However Alcohol is not illegal and restricting who can drink it is not related for a desire for public saftey, it is related to the protestant/ temperance movment and is motivated by a concept that Alcohol is BAD. If it was motivated by Public Saftey concerns it would be illegal for everyone yet it is not.

ReformationNow

Follow this logic....I NEVER SAID A THING ABOUT GETTING DRUNK...IM TALKING ABOUT HAVING A SOCIAL BEER OR TWO...IF YOU ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO THINK THAT YOU CAN USE HEROIN OR ANY OF THE OTHER DRUGS YOU METNTIONED EVEN ONCE WITHOUT HURTING YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE,  THEN YOU REALLY NEED TO BE EXCECUTED...excuse me EDUCATED.

please once again one of you has misconstrewn my words to try to make me look like some kid who doesnt know what the hell hes talking about....its getting old...

You tell me how it makes sense that I am a legal adult yet my rights are still restricted

and I DARE you to look yourself in the eye and tell yourself that a government that KILLS CHILDREN has the legitamate authority to tell anyone how to run their lives.

Christ Himself obeyed the laws put forth by Rome, as did the Apostles. The only time that those laws can be violated is when they directly conflict with an order from God.

For example: The government bans prayer under penalty of imprisonment. We should pray.

HOWEVER, that being said, you have no right not to obey other laws put forth by the government as long as they DO NOT CONFLICT WITH GOD'S WORD. Drinking is not a right. It is a privilege. I doubt that it would matter to you if the Pope himself got up and said that you shouldn't drink underage. You just want to drink. You use the evils done by this government as an excuse not to obey laws you see as arbitrary. Do you think that the Roman government Christ lived under was perfect? NO! But Christ still paid taxes.