An Old School Catholic Message Board

Metalheads..

frozencell

I'm not sure how many metalheads might actually be out ther, but I like it so I thought I would throw it out there. Recently, I was doing some combination surfing on ITunes and the internet and came up with some pretty good bands that have a Christian message.

At The Throne of Judgment
The Devil Wears Prada
Destroy the Runner
Bloodlined Calligraphy

They're all pretty stinkin' great bands -- so check 'em out!

the first two are from mine and the wife's hometowns!!! How cool is that? Go Ohio!!!!

[quote name='frozencell' post='1139995' date='Dec 11 2006, 09:48 PM']
I'm not sure how many metalheads might actually be out ther, but I like it so I thought I would throw it out there. Recently, I was doing some combination surfing on ITunes and the internet and came up with some pretty good bands that have a Christian message.

At The Throne of Judgment
The Devil Wears Prada
Destroy the Runner
Bloodlined Calligraphy

They're all pretty stinkin' great bands -- so check 'em out!

the first two are from mine and the wife's hometowns!!! How cool is that? Go Ohio!!!!
[/quote]

Yea I was going to go see the devil wears prada but they dropped off the never shave again tour but I got to go see he is legend but yea I be a metal head

TheOliverOrder88

I used to be a big metal head acouple of years ago, but I have since then lightened up.

I have come to the conclusion that Living Sacrifice is probably one of the best Christian metal bands ever. I have to say I can't stand the new run of these metalcore bands....everything is sounding the same and is not too entertaining.

Right now I enjoy ZAO (even though their latest wasn't too Christian), Norma Jean, Living Sacrifice, and others.

I also enjoy me some Mastodon and Isis.

im a pretty heavy metal head. i still dont really like death metal(nile, cannibal corpse) but i suppose thats a good thing but other than that, everything else. other than candlemass i dont listen to any other christian bands, i go where my guitarist ears take me. hmmmm, sacreligious

i like megadeth, mastadon, iron maiden, judas priest and exodus currently the most.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1140780' date='Dec 12 2006, 07:29 PM']
im a pretty heavy metal head. i still dont really like death metal(nile, cannibal corpse) but i suppose thats a good thing but other than that, everything else. other than candlemass i dont listen to any other christian bands, i go where my guitarist ears take me. hmmmm, sacreligious

i like megadeth, mastadon, iron maiden, judas priest and exodus currently the most.
[/quote]

Iron Maiden's and mastodon's new albums are great. maiden's new one is the best metal cd of the year!

for sure!! which is your favoirite song from the iron maiden cd? mine would have to be "brighter than a thousand suns" for its intense mood and build up.
also for a pretty good new cd by an old band check out "angel of retribution" by judas priest

does anyone here listen to Dio?

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1142019' date='Dec 14 2006, 01:00 AM']
for sure!! which is your favoirite song from the iron maiden cd? mine would have to be "brighter than a thousand suns" for its intense mood and build up.
also for a pretty good new cd by an old band check out "angel of retribution" by judas priest

does anyone here listen to Dio?
[/quote]

I think my fav is a different world. Angel of retritbution came out in spring 05 :P: but that album is awesome. And speaking of dio, he is reuniting with black sabbath minus bill ward on drums. they should be touring as Heaven and Hell next year

woooo, christian metal heads rule! any idea where dio might be touring?
and whats your favorite bands?

dont forget to check out marty friedman(from megadeth)'s newer solo albums, they rule

Edited by Jesus_lol

heh, heaven and hell isnt christian metal, its just black sabbath minus bill ward and ozzy . They should be doing a US and europe tour summer 07. My favorite bands right now are, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Trivium, black label society