An Old School Catholic Message Board

Metalheads..

frozencell

[quote name='Fixxxer' post='1142442' date='Dec 14 2006, 03:45 PM']
heh, heaven and hell isnt christian metal, its just black sabbath minus bill ward and ozzy . They should be doing a US and europe tour summer 07. My favorite bands right now are, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Trivium, black label society
[/quote]

silly boy, i was refering to the people posting in this thread! and ill refer you to another band that BLS takes a lot from, Pantera. some songs are a bit much but they really do rock my socks! if you find them a bit much to handle, try out damageplan. same guitarist, the late great "dimebag" darrel.

[quote name='Fixxxer' post='1142442' date='Dec 14 2006, 04:45 PM']
heh, heaven and hell isnt christian metal, its just black sabbath minus bill ward and ozzy . They should be doing a US and europe tour summer 07. My favorite bands right now are, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Trivium, black label society
[/quote]

I really like some of Triviums new stuff, especially 'Detonation'

I cant say I like of Metallicas newer stuff since St. Anger. That album was pretty obnoxious, but before that was freakin sweet

[quote name='Didymus' post='1142827' date='Dec 15 2006, 02:09 AM']
I really like some of Triviums new stuff, especially 'Detonation'

I cant say I like of Metallicas newer stuff since St. Anger. That album was pretty obnoxious, but before that was freakin sweet
[/quote]

heh, i love st anger. its raw and fast. Trivium's new album is great. The title track is amazing if you havent heard it. In the metal community with trivium its either you like em or you hate them. They are gonna be big in a few years i bet.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1142823' date='Dec 15 2006, 02:02 AM']
silly boy, i was refering to the people posting in this thread! and ill refer you to another band that BLS takes a lot from, Pantera. some songs are a bit much but they really do rock my socks! if you find them a bit much to handle, try out damageplan. same guitarist, the late great "dimebag" darrel.
[/quote]

lol, i dont think they are to much for me to handle. ive known about them but just never bothered to listen to them yet. Ill have to check out friedman's new stuff, though im not really a megadeth fan. Ill recommend you some Dragonforce ^_^

argg, ive had enough of herman li's "million sper NES's being played at once" tone. but for good, more tasteful power metal, try out stratovarius.

marty friedmans stuff is very unlike his work with megadeth (love them bot to bits) very much solo virtuoso style (like steve vai and joe satriani) but much more metal-like. and as for megdeth itslef i find its a lot like metallica with a better singer(he grows on you), a much more talented lead guitarist and more groovy riffs. not that i dont like metallica, at least the early ones, but megadeth is so much better.

and for a truly amazing guitar solo check this one out, floods by pantera, practically screaming with emotion and skill
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4CQSox9ii0"]linky[/url]

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1142857' date='Dec 15 2006, 03:00 AM']
argg, ive had enough of herman li's "million sper NES's being played at once" tone. but for good, more tasteful power metal, try out stratovarius.

marty friedmans stuff is very unlike his work with megadeth (love them bot to bits) very much solo virtuoso style (like steve vai and joe satriani) but much more metal-like. and as for megdeth itslef i find its a lot like metallica with a better singer(he grows on you), a much more talented lead guitarist and more groovy riffs. not that i dont like metallica, at least the early ones, but megadeth is so much better.

and for a truly amazing guitar solo check this one out, floods by pantera, practically screaming with emotion and skill
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4CQSox9ii0"]linky[/url]
[/quote]

I know metallica and megadeth are similar but thinking mustaine is a better singer then hetfield just bugs me.
And i had to say it, i dont think underoath is metal. The only kind of screaming i like is triviums and lamb of gods style since it just dosent sound like noise over the music.

problem solved, haha. Im gonna go find that band you recommended, same with friedmen. While we are on topic, ill post the shirt i just made and bought on cafe press.

[url="http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/4615/28855035ozt4.jpg"]Original shirt [/url]
[url="http://img446.imageshack.us/img446/34/texashirt2he1.jpg"]Mine[/url]

Apparently Metallica is returning to a thrash style and their next album is gonna sound like Master of Puppets.

It's disappointing that Iron Maiden's had an anti-Catholic song on their second last album, despite their drummer being Christian.

Edited by DemonSlayer

[quote name='DemonSlayer' post='1144895' date='Dec 18 2006, 04:29 AM']
Apparently Metallica is returning to a thrash style and their next album is gonna sound like Master of Puppets.

It's disappointing that Iron Maiden's had an anti-Catholic song on their second last album, despite their drummer being Christian.
[/quote]

oh well, tom araya from Slayer is catholic and they are definitley anti christian, these days , but they still kick [mod]watch the language. -777[/mod]

TheOliverOrder88

Can we take Metallica seriously after St. Anger?

I really don't care if they have their thrash sound back, how old are they?

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='Didymus' post='1144954' date='Dec 18 2006, 10:50 AM']
when is Metallica releasing the next one?
[/quote]

Hopefully never. :shutup:

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1144947' date='Dec 19 2006, 01:23 AM']
oh well, tom araya from Slayer is catholic and they are definitley anti christian, these days , but they still kick ass.
[/quote]Actually that's pretty confusing, because recently in a metal magazine ( I can't remember which one), he reportedly said that he was actually agnostic; I guess that means that he was just raised Catholic.