An Old School Catholic Message Board

Law Schools?

she_who_is_not

she_who_is_not

I'm applying to Ave Maria in Ann Arbor (my first choice, so far) and UST in St. Paul among others (Tulane, Hofstra, Pace, etc..) Does anyone attend either of these schools or have a good sense of what they are all about? There is only so much you can learn from a viewbook. I'm looking for a school that has a strong commitment to human rights and social justice law as well as an active pro-life organization. Naturally, the Catholic schools are coming out on top. Thanks in advance.

ajj

homeschoolmom

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1148933' date='Dec 24 2006, 07:35 PM']
That's so weird

So does Sojourner
[/quote]
Who the heck is "Sojourner"? :idontknow:

If you are willing to consider CA, Loyola Law School in Los Angeles is a pretty good school with a strong emphasis in social justice.

she_who_is_not

[quote name='Light and Truth' post='1149534' date='Dec 25 2006, 09:50 PM']
If you are willing to consider CA, Loyola Law School in Los Angeles is a pretty good school with a strong emphasis in social justice.
[/quote]

My dad actually suggested Loyola at Christmas dinner tonight. He thinks I won't be able to deal with the northern climate.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1149085' date='Dec 24 2006, 11:35 PM']
Hmm...I wonder if Terra Firma and Sojourner know eachother. That would be so cool!
[/quote]
i'll bet they do.

MissScripture

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1149623' date='Dec 25 2006, 10:45 PM']
i'll bet they do.
[/quote]
Maybe we should ask her...I mean, them...:ninja:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1149679' date='Dec 25 2006, 11:39 PM']
Maybe we should ask her...I mean, them...:ninja:
[/quote]
:hehehe:

IcePrincessKRS

I know several Ave Maria grads (I went to Christendom, loads of CC grads have gone on to AM)--and I know for fact at least 3 who are currently practicing law. :thumbsup: One of them is even a JAG officer in the Army (didn't go to college with me, though). That always kind of cracks me up... somehow I just don't associate tiny Catholic schools with military careers. But he's very good at what he does, so from my personal experience the lawyers that I know best who went there are good lawyers.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1149756' date='Dec 26 2006, 11:59 AM']
That always kind of cracks me up... somehow I just don't associate tiny Catholic schools with military careers.
[/quote]
Actually there's been a number from Christendom (military officers, though not JAGS): Pat Weinert, John Bowes, Joan Longua (from way back), Hugh and Nick Wingate, one of Vanderwoudes, and several others I don't know. And that's just the Marine Corps.