An Old School Catholic Message Board

His-story

Cure of Ars

Cure of Ars

Christianity is not a matter of personal biblical interpretation or relativistic intangible doctrines, rather it is a manifestation of the Old Testament Covenants that God has made throughout His-story. It is not a story of an abstract cognitive truth but a story of God making Covenants to building up a people of his own. Its fulfillment is Christ’s Kingdom. Let me give a brief outline so that the big picture can be seen. Notice the unites used and how the covenants keep getting bigger.

1. Marriage Covenant

God made the first humans Adam and Eve. God made a marriage Covenant between Adam and Eve, the building block of society. God had plans to reunite humanity to himself.

2. Family Covenant

God then made a Covenant with Noah and his family. God had Noah and his family to help him guide humanity back to him.

3. Tribal Covenant

God then made a Covenant with Abraham and his tribe. He built up Abraham and his tribe to give light and help guide humanity back to him.

4. 12 Tribes Covenant

God then made a Covenant with Moses and the twelve tribes of Israel. He built up Moses and the twelve tribes of Israel to give light to and help guide humanity back to him.

5. Nation Covenant

God then made a Covenant with David and his nation. He built up David and his nation to give light and to help guide humanity back to him.

6.Universal (Catholic means universal) Covenant

Then the Word became flesh and dwelt among us (Jn1:1-14). The Word was with God and the Word was God. Jesus is the Word and he reconciled humanity to God through his life, death, and resurrection that makes his Covenant. This Covenant is a Universal (Catholic) family covenant. Jesus knew that he was going to return to the Father. He told Peter (which means rock) that he was the rock that he was going to build his Church on and Jesus gave him the keys (authority) to the Kingdom of God with the power to bind and lose (Matt 16:17-19) while he was preparing a place for us. Jesus before he returned to the father gave the disciples and the Universal family this mission, “Go therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and of the Holy Spirit teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold I am with you always, until the end of the age.” (Matt 28:19-20)

Present day

After 2000 years, a continuous line of successors (264 to be exact) has sat in the office of Peter, with the other Bishops, and has taught without error the faith and morals of Christ. They have baptized, God only knows, how many people. The Universal Church, Christ’s Body, is bringing the light of Christ to all nations. Jesus is physically present in his Church, especially in the Eucharist. God has done great things for us and I pray that God will continue to work though his Church so that all of humanity can be part of God’s Universal Covenant and be reconciled with God.

7. Fulfillment

In the future Jesus will return. Good will triumph over evil. The family of God will be complete and perfected in Heaven.

The story that we are a part of as the family of God is amesome. The Lord has done great things for us. God bless

This story that we are a part of as the family of God is amesome. If you have a personal relationship with Christ remember the big picture that this is a family affair. God bless

Good Friday

Did you do this yourself? Because it's pretty cool. I think it's neat how it seems like God is working His way up... starts small then gets bigger. That does seem to be how He likes to operate usually.

Cure of Ars

I got the concept from Scott Hahn from the EWTN series A Fathers Plan. I teach this in my confirmation class. I think it helps in a couple of ways. First I think it gives a basic overview of what God is doing. Second, I think it helps connect the Old Testament to the New. I think it also help kids get excited about being Catholic. We all have a part to play in this epic story and that is very cool.

mustbenothing

This bears striking resemblances to Covenant Theology, a view held by Presbyterians. Scott Hahn is a former Presbyterian (OPC).

The main differences are that we hold a slightly more complex version of the covenant with Adam, tend to identify the Covenants by the names of people (e.g., "The Adamic Covenant"), generally include covenantal building in the era of the Prophets (i.e, between David and Christ), and refer to the "Catholic Covenant" as the "New Covenant." This is mostly because the Bible calls it the New Covenant (Jeremiah 31, quoted in Hebrews 8; Last Supper).