An Old School Catholic Message Board

Creepy Aliens

Aloysius

hey, i dont think this is what you were thinkin when u made the name, but i got an idea. What does everyone think about life on other planets and religion.

i wonder, if there is life out there, did they fall in their garden of eden? i mean, what if there's a martian planet out there with a martian adam and a martian eve? i think thad be pretty cool. C.S. Lewis wrote a book about that, didn't he? i think so

anyway, PEACE :ph34r: :lol:lol_grin.gif

cantstopdancin9

What?!?!? Other aliens?!?!?! Oh yea...well we're still a lot kewler than any creepy aliens in the universe. B) Top that one...

hyperdulia again

i do too, and often wonder about them with regrd to heaven and hell...maybe they don't have souls..or maybe their religion is an even greater leap of faithh, because they must believe in things that happened on another planet. this'd be interesting in the debate table...

• 2 months later...

i'm bein nastalgioc

this was one of the first original topics i posted in PhatMAss... ahh the memories

:lol: look at me now! i'm a Super Alien! B)

cmotherofpirl

You want to read Perelandra, Out of the Silent Planet and I forget the other one :) ;all part of C S Lewis"Space Trilogy, which addresses this question of saved and unsaved planets.

• 4 weeks later...

i think that, if there are aliens on other planets, they are less evolved then we are. the reason i think that is b/c God made humans to rule the earth. the planet we rule on does not matter. the fact is, God made humans to be his preeminent creatures. but, when alot of people think of aliens, they think of creatures who are more highly evolved then we are, or who have the capacity for higher intelligence, or who are not restricted by time or physics. all of these ideas about aliens seem to be in direct contradiction to the dignity of the human person.

so, if aliens do exist, they are lesser creatures then us. do i think they exist? heck i don't know. i guess that, if one considers how infinitely vast and expansive the universe is, one has to ackowledge at least the potential that there are other life forms out there. so, that's why i do. i acknowledge the potential, w/o saying definitively Yes or No.

does all that make sense? holla back,

phatcatholic

either they are less evolved than humans, as you say, OOORRR... THEY ARE HUMANS! :ph34r: i gotta dig the Debate Table thread about this up 2,,, we went thru at least 3 pages there