An Old School Catholic Message Board

Creepy Aliens

Aloysius

What I think is stupid is how scientists say that if a planet in our solar system is too far away from the sun or doesn't have water, it doesn't have life on it. They're narrowing their minds to Earth-creatures' standard of living. Maybe Earth-creatures can't live on other planets. But life could be specially suited to live on a planet with no water and a very very cold or very very hot climate. Stupid shallow scientists.

I say it's a big universe and nothing is impossible with God. Even if it's not life with the capability of reasoning and thinking, I still think there is life out in the universe somewhere. No way Earth is the only planet in a million-zillion-infinity that has life.

-Mark

• 2 months later...

I gotta think that with the trillions of light years and the seemingly endless universe there has to be some form of life. The qestion is will we ever find it?

Rebirth flame

What I think is stupid is how scientists say that if a planet in our solar system is too far away from the sun or doesn't have water, it doesn't have life on it. They're narrowing their minds to Earth-creatures' standard of living. Maybe Earth-creatures can't live on other planets. But life could be specially suited to live on a planet with no water and a very very cold or very very hot climate. Stupid shallow scientists.

I say it's a big universe and nothing is impossible with God. Even if it's not life with the capability of reasoning and thinking, I still think there is life out in the universe somewhere. No way Earth is the only planet in a million-zillion-infinity that has life.

-Mark

i would have to agree (though it's been a while since anyone posted in this thread, save Al). it seems a bit egotistical to think we're the only planet with life on it in an enourmous universe like the one we live in. It makes my head hurt to think about such things, but, if there is life out there, do they have any belief system, or do they adhere to no standard of morality? obviously i can't answer any of these questions as i don't personally know an extra terestrials... except maybe my neighbor... :)

Rebirth flame

I gotta think that with the trillions of light years and the seemingly endless universe there has to be some form of life. The qestion is will we ever find it?

if we continue to search and develope new technology, the posibilities are endless. But what if we shouldn't go prying around with the development of lif? maybe if there is life out there, we should just leave them alone. Maybe they just want to be left alone. If there is more advanced life out there (more advanced than ourselves, that is) maybe they've decided to let us just live without being messed with, and maybe we should do the same for others. Again, my responses are purely opinion with no real evidence to back them up, seeing as my alien neighbor isn't home... (j/k)