An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do All Dogs Go To Heaven?

Cure of Ars

Do all dogs go to heaven?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Brother Adam

Only if they are baptized of course! :o

Dogs don't have souls, only humans do. All animals came from the dust and to the dust they shall return. <_<

hyperdulia again

Cure your avatar scares me!

there can be as much theological debate as people wanna have, but Brownie was people. He's waitin' on me.

Winchester

My pet lawyer, Warren Snicket. He used to sleep on a heat rock in my room and sue people.

Cure of Ars

Only if they are baptized of course! :o

Dogs don't have souls, only humans do. All animals came from the dust and to the dust they shall return. <_<

I personally don't know the answer to this so I want to dive into this a little deeper.

If we are going to have a body and a spirit in heaven, why can't God resurrect pets even if they do not have a soul?

Cure of Ars

Cure your avatar scares me!

there can be as much theological debate as people wanna have, but Brownie was people.  He's waitin' on me.

It is a little scary. Do you think I should change it?

Kilroy the Ninja

I believe I once read an arguement that went along the lines of every living creature has a soul, because that is the spark that indicates life, but that only human souls went to heaven or hell primarily because they had knowledge of good and evil.

<_<

:ph34r:

Cure of Ars

To me, heaven is a place where there are no cats.

Amen, I hate cats.

My grandma used to say that they would jump right on a baby and smell of elderberries the life out. <_<

IcePrincessKRS

Isn't it possible that all living things have souls but their souls die when they die?

Vegetative souls vs. Rational Souls. Only people have Rational souls (and thats why only people go to heaven). All other living things--animals, plants, etc., have vegetative souls.

I don't think I can go into this much more without doing some research, though, because I'm dredging up freshman year Theology. I'd need to go back and refresh my memory to really discuss the concept I just tossed out.... maybe next time I'll keep my trap shut...

hyperdulia again

My Kitty is my Child, my first-born. My Heart. I don't like people that are racist again' cats. :ph34r: ;)

Kilroy the Ninja

Yeah Hyper, I've got three cats. And Don John is a dog person. Just remember that bit of poetic justice the next time he ticks you off!

:ph34r: