An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do All Dogs Go To Heaven?

Cure of Ars

Do all dogs go to heaven?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

brandelynmarie

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1328248596' post='2380117']
Although that last sign sounds like something I would say. :|
[/quote]

Me too. I would say it just because. :proud:

[quote][color=#282828]There can be no animals in heaven. I deduced this on my own, a la Thomas Aquinas though. [/color]

[color=#282828]Heaven is a place or state of perfect happiness. [/color]
[color=#282828]Dogs make some people unhappy. [/color]
[color=#282828]Therefore, dogs cannot be present in heaven or they would reduce the state of perfect happiness of those who don't like dogs. [/color][/quote]

[img]http://www.newswireless.net/contentimages/medium/dilbert_bah_02.jpg[/img]

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1057255531' post='437']
To me, heaven is a place where there are no cats.
[/quote]

But didn't Rabbi Jesus/Yahushua inspire his servants to compare him with a lion?

I believe that we can learn a lot about the personality of our Creator through many of the characteristics that he put in animals. If you do a search for animals and near death experiences you will run into some surprising information. Approximately one person in six who has an NDE meets with a deceased pet. This would fit with animals being able to communicate with humans before the fall of Adam and Eve. In the Apocalypse it is stated that the Messiah comes riding on a white horse, in Psalms it talks about Messiah riding on a cherub....is the white horse of the Apocalypse made in the form of a horse????

Plus, Orthodox monks love cats. It's like a requirement to have a cat if you want to be a monk :P See, you guys think I'm joking. :D

only certain breeds go to Heaven. Labs...automatic. Dachshunds...after lengthy Purgatorial experience. Chihuahuas...too yappy, bound for hell

[quote name='Selah' timestamp='1328378402' post='2380910']
Is it true that cats aren't aloud in the Vatican? I read that somewhere and felt sad :(
[/quote]

I dunno, but if it's true it would be hard to enforce. It's not exactly impenetrable most of the time.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1328378735' post='2380913']
I dunno, but if it's true it would be hard to enforce. It's not exactly impenetrable most of the time.
[/quote]

Good. The Pope needs cats. God loves cats ^_^

[quote name='Selah' timestamp='1328450025' post='2381432']
Why is that cubone crying in your avatar? :(
[/quote]

Probably because it's wearing the skull of its mother.