An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dr. Apollo's Daily Movie Recommendation

Apollo

DISCLAIMER: This could not possibly have anything less to do with hip-hop. Sue me.

Dear tired and exasperated hip-hop head,

Is your throat parched from spittin so much lyrical fire??? Are your wrists throbbin from too much cuttin and fadin??? Is your neck breakin from head noddin??? Is your back breakin from b-boyin???

My dear friendz, if the answer to any of these questions is a resounding, "Yes," then look no further...you have come to the right place.

Relaxation is the key to a swift and full recovery from hip-hop overload. It is upon this board that I will post the most uber dope movies known to man. Take in one of these a day, and Dr. Apollo promises to stay away for a maximum of 24 hours. Enjoy the films from my extensive library, and reply every now and then so that I can track your progress along the long and winding road to recovery. Rest easy and stay fresh you hip-hop criminalz!

Peace,

Dr. Apollo B)

7.30.03 - Today's Daily Dose of Dope Footage***Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze...a compelling story of courage and hope overcoming seemingly insurmountable evil as a band of mean, green, and oh so clean mutant turtle brothas kick shell while also takin time out to kick it to tha beats of the one and only...Vanilla Ice. What more could you ever ask for?! Enjoy!

7.31.03 - Today's Daily Dose of Dope Footage***The Monster Squad...young, rebelious, pre-pubescent boys are out to save the world from the evil likes of Dracula, The Mummy, Frankenstein, and the Wolf Man while discovering along the way the most important of life's lessons (aka "Wolf Man has nards!!!"). Stupid...yes. Hilarious...yes. Educational...not really. Hilarious...yes.

Anywayz, someone needs to teach me how to have a dope logo like everyone else...I am starting to have "dope logo envy". 

dUSt...you complete me. :)

Props Apollo Props U R da Man,

U R Totally Keepin it Real,

Peace 

CLaudine

Thanx to Claudine tha microphone Queen!!! You are iller than malaria.

Sincerely,

Dr. Apollo

8.01.03 - Today's Daily Dose of Dope Footage***Big Trouble in Little China...from the same man who brought you a whole bunch of other movies starring Kurt Russel, this action-packed thrill ride will serve you everything you ordered and a bag of potato chips. Exciting plot...check. Romance...check. Giant flying meatball things with twenty eyes...check. Obligatory kung-fu fighting...double check.

P.S. Starring Kurt Russel.

7.31.03 - Today's Daily Dose of Dope Footage***The Monster Squad...young, rebelious, pre-pubescent boys are out to save the world from the evil likes of Dracula, The Mummy, Frankenstein, and the Wolf Man while discovering along the way the most important of life's lessons (aka "Wolf Man has nards!!!").  Stupid...yes.  Hilarious...yes.  Educational...not really.  Hilarious...yes.

The MONSTER SQUAD RULES!!!

"Kick him in the nuts!"

"Do warewolves have nuts?"

hahahahaa....

8.02.03 - Today's Daily Dose of Dope Footage***Hook...a mild-mannered, middle-aged, modern-day Peter Pan returns to Never-Neverland to rescue his kids from the infamous Captain Hook. Enough battle scenes, food fights, and fluffy air extraction jokes to leave any kid screaming for more ("RUFIO! RUFIO!"). Bonus: For anyone who hasn't seen Flip from Point 5 Covenant in person...look no further...he IS Rufio!

P.S. Hey YOU...hip-hop head...think happy thoughts. lol_grin.gif

The MONSTER SQUAD RULES!!!

"Kick him in the nuts!"

"Do warewolves have nuts?"

hahahahaa....

inDEED,

Thank you for your follow-up. I hope the hip-hop overload recovery process is coming along smoothly. Always remember...relaxation is the key. Keep it real and stay fresh.

Sincerely,

Dr. Alucard...uh, I mean...Dr. Apollo ;)

Apollo...

So far these movie suggestions are BANGERS (as DJ 86 would put it)...

RUFIO RULES!!!

"You can fly...you can fight...and you can..."

"AAWWRROO AWWWROOO AWWWROOO!!!"

hook.jpg

Yo,

You want to talk about good movies. I just got back from watching, possibly, the best movie of the year. I loved the movie from the first scene. It was partially narrated which gave you an insight to what was actually going on in the world at the time of the flick. The best part about the whole movie is that it is based on a true story. (which are my favorite movies anyway) So the best movie I have seen this year compares to Fast and the Furious 2 (yuk), Bad Boys 2 (yuk), 28 dyas later (which was good but not this good), and others not good enought to remember.

So the great movie I watched was "Seabiscuit"

If you've seen it weigh in.

:huh:

Thanx to Claudine tha microphone Queen!!! You are iller than malaria.

Sincerely,

Dr. Apollo

:o WoW DOc Apollo,

That was waY nice,

I almost got a Tear, hehehe

ThanX

From the heart!

CLaudine

p.s, the monster squad, way good!

B)

8.03.03 - Today's Daily Dose of Dope Footage***Army of Darkness...the final chapter in the "Evil Dead" trilogy, this movie hits from all sides as the storyline revolves around the various trials and tribulations of Ash (a nerdy, groovy, chainsaw-wielding love-machine) in his pursuit of the "Book of the Dead." More gore than on CNN during the 2000 election...however, for all those thrill seekers in need of a hearty 2 hours on non-stop senseless violence served with a smile...this is an often laugh-out-loud hilarious must see. And remember..."Shop smart. Shop S-Mart."

P.S. Bruce Campbell is my idol