An Old School Catholic Message Board

“v***** Monologues To Be Shown

KnightofChrist

KnightofChrist

[quote]I regret to inform you that 24 Catholic colleges and universities will show the “V***** Monologues” – a lewd production that threatens the souls of students.

But we have a chance to STOP it, if I can count on your help TODAY.

Will you join me and thousands of other young Catholics to protest this play? You’ve helped me oppose public sin in the past, and I urge you to speak out again.

Here’s what you can do:

* Register your protest. Send your e-protest card to the Presidents of the 24 Catholic colleges where the “V***** Monologues play is scheduled to stage, by [url="http://saprotest.tfp.org/Protest.aspx?id=ad28e622-6df0-4540-a73c-53f14508708f"]clicking here.[/url]
* Contact your friends. Urge them to stand up for morality. Forward this message to at least 5 more people – or even your entire address book if possible.

Several colleges already canceled the production because of protests like this!

But here’s what students will see if we fail to stop this play at other colleges. According to the Cardinal Newman Society’s website:

“Students and faculty on campuses worldwide take to the stage chanting obscenities, telling tales of lesbian activity and masturbation, and declaring the lesbian rape of a teenage girl her “salvation” which raised her into “a kind of heaven.” [More]

This is what a Catholic student from Massachusetts wrote after seeing the play:

“…it was a horrible exhibit of vice, lust, and infidelity. Everything about the play – the content, the performers, the atmosphere – was decidedly opposed to just about everything the Church teaches, whether it be about sexuality, abortion, contraception, holy matrimony, modesty, chastity, vulgarity, humility, reverence, you name it.

He continued ...

“…the Lord had pity on me and has given me the grace to retain my faith after having been in such an undesirable situation. Even so, the painful memories of lust and blasphemy still echo in the outer fringes of my mind.”

If you care, please protest this abomination TODAY!!

Your friend in Jesus and Mary,

John E. Ritchie
TFP Student Action Director

P.S. – To send your e-protest card to the presidents of the 24 Catholic colleges where the “V***** Monologues play is scheduled to stage, [url="http://saprotest.tfp.org/Protest.aspx?id=ad28e622-6df0-4540-a73c-53f14508708f"]click here.[/url]

P.P.S – Please don’t forget to forward this message to at least 5 friends, or even your entire address book. Thank you for defending morality. For a listing of Catholic colleges where “V***** Monologues” is scheduled, as of 01/29/07, [url="http://tfp.org/student_action/activities/protests/monologues_2007.htm"]click here[/url].

[b]"Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea" (Matt 18:6.)[/b] [/quote]

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1187871' date='Feb 7 2007, 08:28 PM']
:lol_above:
[/quote]

+

In this context, it's an offense against modesty and public propriety.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Veritas' post='1187876' date='Feb 7 2007, 08:31 PM']
+

In this context, it's an offense against modesty and public propriety.
[/quote]

Then why isn't it automatically censored on the boards? Seriously.

:rolleyes:

KnightofChrist

[quote name='VaticanIILiturgist' post='1187856' date='Feb 7 2007, 09:18 PM']
we can't say vagina? does the word vagina threaten my soul?
[/quote]

I chose not to type the word... I wasnt :censored:

Proud2BCatholic139

Why can't we type the word vagina? Isn't that something God created? Wow, society these days...:(

Anyway, the reason why MY school is doing this play is to promote women awareness and stop abuse. I mean, couldn't there be anything better than Vagina Monologues? At first when I saw the sign, I thought they were supporting lesbianism...I don't know what is going on these days, I choose not to par take, but just pray for them...

Oh, liberal schools, how I do not like thee.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='1188301' date='Feb 8 2007, 11:03 AM']
Why can't we type the word vagina? Isn't that something God created? Wow, society these days...:(

Anyway, the reason why MY school is doing this play is to promote women awareness and stop abuse. I mean, couldn't there be anything better than Vagina Monologues? At first when I saw the sign, I thought they were supporting lesbianism...I don't know what is going on these days, I choose not to par take, but just pray for them...

Oh, liberal schools, how I do not like thee.
[/quote]

God created armpits and nose hair as well, but they are generally not considered for general conversation.

Your school is wrong and they are promoting abuse and homosexuality by putting on this perversion.

Proud2BCatholic139

I'm just saying, in general Biology, but I am conservative and don't talk about body parts in general conversation.

Well, generally, liberal schools are wrong 99 percent of the time.

1 percent they have done right is closing school when it is -20 below. :P: but even then, they didn't want to, the govonor made them.

[quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='1188424' date='Feb 8 2007, 12:44 PM']
1 percent they have done right is closing school when it is -20 below. :P: but even then, they didn't want to, the govonor made them.
[/quote]
lightweights :rolleyes:

why all the disses toward propriety? instead we all should be outraged about this play...its anti-christian, anti-human sexuality. this is no joke. not our joke. it's satan's.

fight perversity! take back the true and beautiful.

and please let us males be chivalrous?

The discussion is about the putting on of the plays... not the use of the word... The context does or can cause the offence rather than the word its self. In a scientific, medical or similar context it is perfectly fine, however it is 'how' it is used that causes some to become upset.

cathoholic_anonymous

Hold on a moment. Even though I don't object to the word vagina - heck, we have to call it something, and at least vagina is not a swearword - I will call this show (which alters every year, depending on the participants) the 'V Monologues'.

The V Monologues are as not packed with sex talk as the title might make you think. When they came to our university I attended an accompanying show about black female emancipation, for example, and it was very clever and thought-provoking. Nothing lewd about it at all. The name is designed to shock, but not every piece being performed will be sexual.

Edited by Cathoholic Anonymous