An Old School Catholic Message Board

Best Professional Sport

Winchester

Which of these professional sports do you know is the best  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

littleflower+JMJ

oh yeah! now we have 4 votes for Basketball! for the longest i thought i was the only one!

:lol:

Thomas Michael

I was #4. :)

Although I follow (American) football and hockey more, I like basketball for the fact that I hate shutouts, and you never see those in pro basketball. Win or lose, the team always scores.

Edited by Thomas Michael

oh yeah! now we have 4 votes for Basketball! for the longest i thought i was the only one!

:lol:

Actually...I love playing soccer and basketball. I played Semi Pro in Southern Cali.

littleflower+JMJ

and we're finally ahead of cat juggling!! i disgrace i tell you! to be only one vote ahead! oh well!

yeah, my sister says she doesn't even need to watch the game if i'm loud we're winning and if im' real quiet their losing....

but boy am i loud...sometimes i think i could make a better coach than *ahembyron scott* some of them! LOL

but i get mad and fustrated too, thats the drama and excitement of basketball!

B)

but can you blame me? i'm a SpURS FAn!! Go Spurs!

2003 NBA Champions

littleflower+JMJ

Actually...I love playing soccer and basketball. I played Semi Pro in Southern Cali.

really? wow! that is soo cool!

if i was a 6'5'' guy i would go play in the NBA or basketball for a living....

but im only a 5'3'' FEMALE so lets just forget that.....

:lol: :lol:

Oh my Gosh! I'm kind of sick of seeing it on T.V. you know? Every time it comes up on tv, I'm like "Can't you people find more worthwhile stories to report on?" Give me a break! If he did it, then he should be punished. If he didn't, then he didn't! But, of course, he's a celebrity - who knows if he'll even get a decent sentence if he did it.

I have heard horrible stuff about the NBA players and cheating on their wives and a lot of other immoral stuff. It makes me sad :( because we still put these people on a pedestal (sp?) for our kids as role models.

littleflower+JMJ

For the Basketball fans (and anyone who wants to respond)...what do you think about the Kobe soaps?

Yesygerm

i don't know, i just hope that girl isn't lying, if she is, thats wrong...but if she isn't then, he does need to pay ya know?

i think his one amesome player and the lakers need him (not as much with malone and payton in the mix) but he made some bad choice(s) and i hate to see this happen...

but i personally don't want the lakers to win another champ...

are you a laker fan or sacramento fan? i like bibby.... B) i thought the kings should have won the championship last time

but im only a 5'3'' FEMALE so lets just forget that.....

:lol:  :lol:

JMJ - I'm 5'5" and there's no way! Oh well, I don't know if I'd have the guts to go up against some of the players anyway.

...but i personally don't want the lakers to win another champ...

are you a laker fan or sacramento fan? i like bibby.... B) i thought the kings should have won the championship last time

I love the Lakers and have for about 17 years now and like a true fan, I always want them to win :D

There are three people that know exactly what happened that night with Kobe...Kobe, the Girl, and God. God will altimatly have the final say with him. I'm not sure but I think kobe is Catholic but not sure if he practices. I know his wife is because they were married in her home town church in dana point, california in Orange county.

"Kobe Bryant was 22, and Vanessa Laine was 18 when they were married April, 18, 2001, in Dana Point, California at St. Edward Roman Catholic Church." - local article

Yesygerm

I really feel bad for his wife. Yeah he admitted cheating, but if he actually assaulted that girl? I know how I would feel if I was her!! It would be hard enough to forgive your spouse cheating on you, but to forgive your spouse if he assaulted another woman?

Thomas Michael

Being from the Houston area, my #1 basketball team will always be the Rockets. I'll root for Dallas or San Antonio as well, but if either of them are playing Houston, forget 'em.

It was so magical to be in Houston the night the Rockets won their first NBA championship back in 1994. Westheimer Road was packed with people celebrating, high-fiving, honking their horns, it was amesome.

I hope we can get back to NBA prominence soon. Rudy's gone, so it's that much more difficult, but hopefully Yao Ming can be a big help.

It's good to see Houston back in the NFL again. Years from now, when the Texans win their first Super Bowl (hey, a guy can dream, can't he?), I can say I was a fan right from the start. :D

Edited by Thomas Michael