An Old School Catholic Message Board

Worship Style Assessment Quiz

Piamaria

This is phun- try it.

[url="http://www.sacchurch.org/action-steps/sacred_pathways.htm"]http://www.sacchurch.org/action-steps/sacred_pathways.htm[/url]

I lost my results :idontknow: figures-- and so will post them later when I find them. :rolleyes:

Hey this is fun it would help you to get to know people

Intellectual 19

Contemplative 22

Enthusiast 16

Caregiver 15

Activist 13

[b]Ascetic 26 [/b]

Traditionalist 17

Sensate 19

Naturalist 20

Ascetic - Loving God in Solitude and Simplicity:
Ascetics want nothing more than to be left alone in prayer. Let there be nothing to distract them--no pictures, no loud music--and leave them alone to pray in silence and simplicity.

My score:
[quote]Intellectual 28
Contemplative 27
Enthusiast 23
Caregiver 17
Activist 17
Ascetic 26
Traditionalist 27
Sensate 25
Naturalist 14[/quote]

I'm not too surprised. I probably scored a little higher on ascetic than I actually am, but I can't complain about the results.

Intellectual 24

Contemplative 25

Enthusiast 13

Caregiver 14

Activist 19

Ascetic 21

Traditionalist 26

Sensate 19

Naturalist 10

Traditionalist - Loving God Through Ritual and Symbol:
Traditionalists are fed by what are often termed the historic dimensions of faith: rituals, symbols, sacraments, and sacrifice. They tend to have a disciplined life of faith and have a need for ritual and structure.

:) that describes me well

xTrishaxLynnx

[color="#2E8B57"]Intellectual 19

Contemplative 20

Enthusiast 18

[i]Caregiver 22 [/i]

Activist 14

Ascetic 13

Traditionalist 20

[b]Sensate 24 [/b]

Naturalist 16

Sensate - Loving God with the Senses:

Sensate Christians want to be lost in the awe, beauty, and splendor of God. They are drawn particularly to the liturgical, the majestic, the grand. They want to be filled with sights, sounds, and smells that overwhelm them. The five senses are God's most effective inroad to their hearts.[/color]

philosophette

Intellectual 15

Contemplative 24

Enthusiast 17

Caregiver 25

Activist 18

Ascetic 22

Traditionalist 16

Sensate 19

Naturalist 22

Caregiver - Loving God by Loving Others:
Caregivers serve God by serving others. They often claim to see Christ in the poor and needy, and their faith is built up by interacting with other people. Caring for others recharges a caregiver's batteries.

Contemplative - Loving God through Adoration:
These Christians seek to love God with the purest, deepest, and brightest love imaginable. They want nothing more than some privacy and quiet to gaze upon the face of their heavenly Lover and give all of themselves to God.

I usually end up being in between an introvert and an extrovert.

Intellectual 13
[b]Contemplative 26
Enthusiast 28 [/b]
Caregiver 17
Activist 10
Ascetic 24
Traditionalist 12
Sensate 19
Naturalist 19

Hmm. This is interesting:

Contemplative - Loving God through Adoration:
These Christians seek to love God with the purest, deepest, and brightest love imaginable. They want nothing more than some privacy and quiet to gaze upon the face of their heavenly Lover and give all of themselves to God.

Enthusiast - Loving God with Mystery & Celebration:
Excitement and mystery in worship is the spiritual lifeblood of enthusiasts. They are inspired by joyful celebration; cheerleaders for God and the Christian life. [u]They don't want to just know concepts, but to experience them, to feel them, and to be moved by them.[/u] They like to let go and experience God on the precipice of excitement and awe.

I do agree with the underlined statement though.

Edited by cmariadiaz

cathoholic_anonymous

[b]Intellectual - 29[/b]

Loving God with the Mind:
These Christians live in the world of concepts. They may feel closest to God when they first understand something new about Him.

Ascetic - 27

Loving God in Solitude and Simplicity:
Ascetics want nothing more than to be left alone in prayer. Let there be nothing to distract them--no pictures, no loud music--and leave them alone to pray in silence and simplicity.

Traditionalist - 27

Loving God Through Ritual and Symbol:
Traditionalists are fed by what are often termed the historic dimensions of faith: rituals, symbols, sacraments, and sacrifice. They tend to have a disciplined life of faith and have a need for ritual and structure.

Activist - 25

Loving God Through Confrontation:
These Christians define worship as standing against evil and calling sinners to repentance. They are energized more by interaction with others, even in conflict, than by being alone or in small groups. Activists are spiritually nourished through the battle.

Contemplative - 24

Loving God through Adoration:

These are my top five results.

Intellectual 23

Contemplative 22

Enthusiast 20

Caregiver 10

Activist 11

Ascetic 23

Traditionalist 20

Sensate 21

Naturalist 21

Hmmm looks like I am an intellectual ascetic drawn to contemplation, tradition and nature who isn't very caring or active. Not sure if that is good or bad haha :) Although I suppose the intellect, ascetic, and contempation fit well with the Dominicans!

Ascetic 26
Intellectual 22
Traditionalist 22
Contemplative 21
Caregiver 19
Sensate 18
Activist 15
Naturalist 13
Enthusiast 13

I'm not too surprised...

Intellectual 20
Contemplative 19
Enthusiast 19
Caregiver 19
Activist 15
Ascetic 24
Traditionalist 19
Sensate 20
[b]Naturalist 25 [/b]

Naturalist - Loving God Out of Doors:
The naturalist seeks to leave the formal architecture and the padded pews to enter an entirely new "cathedral", a place that God himself has built: the out-of-doors.

I have a very strong sense of place. Coincides easily with geography, my discipline.

Guest JeffCR07

[i]Intellectual 24[/i]

Contemplative 21

Enthusiast 15

Caregiver 19

Activist 17

Ascetic 23

[b]Traditionalist 27[/b]

[i]Sensate 24[/i]

Naturalist 18

I actually think that's a pretty good account of my spirituality! The rites and rituals associated with a traditionalist are the perfect way to blend the concepts with the senses "making visible the invisible realities of the spirit" - so it makes sense those two would be tied for second.