An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Do You Think Of The Pope?

musturde

What do you think of the Pope?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

EWTN already has stautes with intercessory prayers of JP 2. That's kind of weird, intercessory prayers before he is dead?

No I'm serious! I saw it in the catalougue, I recieved of their items for sale. I thought it was funny they had JP 2, but our priest confirmed it was him, because some other ladies of the parish thought it not to be ture!

he's dope because he was an actor, skier, soccer player, swimmer,

In addition to that, a hockey goalie (remember my former avatar). And remember that he was marked for death by the Nazis during WWII.

But I think the greatest achievement under his pontificate is the promulgation of the new catechism.

He's dope because he has a genuine appearance of love in his eyes for all people. I remember him embracing Castro with loving arms on television after that dictator had done so much to destroy Christianity in his country. I personally would have socked him, and that's why I'm not the Pope! As a result Cubans from all branches of Christianity can operate and practice their faith more freely.

I voted that the Pope is a man of God but that I don't always agree with his ideas because I cannot honestly say that I agree with them all. I would've voted that the Pope is dope but for some reason, I thought it read the Pope is A dope so I didn't choose that one. While I don't agree with ALL of the Pope's ideas I love the man because I credit him largely for my conversion to Catholicism. I believe that God works through him! - Muschi

Incidently, even if I don't agree with all of his ideas if any of them become or are infallible, I submit in obedience and thank God for his truth.

Seatbelt Blue

A couple of months ago, something profound hit me: I look more to the pope than I do the president. Now, this was big for me, because I'm a convert, and it took me a long time to really get to that point where the Pope holds more of my loyalty than does the president (any president; not just Bush).

I'm at the point in my life where I am neither liberal nor conservative, neither republican nor democrat. I am first and foremost Catholic, and I look to the Pope.

I think John Paul has been one of the biggest influences on my faith. His thoughts on the connection the Eucharist, the wedding celebration, has to the consummation of the sacrament of marriage have been a recurring theme in my own writings and online preaching. I could go on and on.

Well in real life dope is crack, which is bad, so I'm glad we use dope as good!!!!!!!

Actually, dope is slang for marijuana. And crack is slang for cocaine. This is the type of useless information that we learn in public high school.

Seatbelt Blue

Actually, dope is slang for marijuana. And crack is slang for cocaine. This is the type of useless information that we learn in public high school.

Actually crack is a type of cocaine, not a slang word for it. Crack is smokable cocaine, hence the term "crack cocaine."

I love our Pope so much. He's part of our family.

Here he is at Toronto and an earlier shot in the snow. :D He truly is John Paul the Great.

wydromecolor.jpg

pope_j2.jpg

Actually crack is a type of cocaine, not a slang word for it. Crack is smokable cocaine, hence the term "crack cocaine."

Wow, the things we learn!