An Old School Catholic Message Board

Suggestions Please?

SisterAli

I leave in 9 hours and 30 mins!!!!! Out in PA they are getting some nasty flooding so if ya could please pray for good weather!

• 3 weeks later...
be_thou_my_vision

It looks like she's staying the whole month! I hope she's having a wonderful time!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear phamily!!!

I have returned! I did INDEED stay a month! Whew...I'm back alive and well. I will share more when my brain is functioning!

God Love You!

Allie

AlterDominicus

WELCOME BACK HON!!!!!!!!!!

I've missed you so my dear sister!!!!

Rest and recover, and as soon as you feel better and functionable I want to hear allllll about it!

:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

be_thou_my_vision

Oh Allie!! We've missed you! I can't believe it's already been a whole month! I can't wait to hear about your visit...
Prayers.

My oh my...where do I start? Well....I won't give all of my story on here because some of it is very personal, but for once in my life. I truly, truly feel so strongly in my heart that I know what God's will is for my life and where He is calling me! There were signs, confirmations every single day I was there. Not only through homily's, gospels, the divine office, but through the Sisters themselves. And many things that happened or were revealed to me through prayer...There's way to much to explain, BUT if you have questions about the order or anything PLEASE ask!

The moment I walked through the door.....I knew...this was it. I had a 5 hour lay over in philedelphia airport, let me tell ya the Lord was really testing me there...the big word called TRUST! Hahaha, I was suppose to be at the convent by 2:45pm and I didn't arrive until 9:45pm! I was purely exhausted by the time I got there and hadn't ate supper yet! I couldn't leave the gate area because they kept changing my flight all the time and so I couldn't wander off really! Whew, but I just kept praying and praying...and good ole St. Joseph and the Blessed Mother really helped me out. It took me a few days after arriving to settle down....by the 3rd day of being there I just couldn't resist any more...and I knew and I frankly knew before I even got there that this was where the Lord was calling me, but a lot of fear and running away was getting in the way of my vocation and what the Lord was TRULY calling me to. But...once I gave my commited yes to the Lord during a holy hour...it was like this explosion inside of my heart, this freedom, peace, joy, happiness. I couldn't wait to be able to talk with the vocation director on that Friday.

So we went for a walk and the first 2 minutes it was just silence because I was so nervous ...I couldn't speak lol. Cause I knew once I told her what was going on inside...that was it......haha I let the door open and boy was Jesus happy :) So she finally said, so how are you doing? I just sighed really deeply because again I was so nervous. I said....well Sister...I'd like to enter! So she said well I'll have to talk to the Superior and she will be the one to make an announcement if we too feel God is calling you here. Of course our talk continued for about an hour and a half just asking several questions and getting to know me better. So the next day on Saturday, April 21st....I had a meeting with the Superior ...a very long one :) But a truly blessed one...she asked me ....would you like to still be a candidate...(after her asking several questions and talking about the order and such) I said YES Sister, with tears running down my cheeks. She continued on with a few more questions...then she asked one last time if I would still like to be a candidate and I said YES SISTER, by this time I was crying pretty good hehe, of course very happy tears! She said, okay we accept you as a candidate you will receive your Tau cross tonight at evening prayer in front of the Blessed Sacrament!!!!!!!!! Basically by receiving the Franciscan Tau cross, means you have made a commitment to the order and are not looking at any other orders. So I asked to make my month stay as a candidate, where you and the community continue to discern whether the Lord is calling you. If they feel that the Lord isn't then they let you know and of course the person wouldn't be a candidate anymore. But I made my month stay.....and they do feel I have an authentic religious life vocation and to there particular community...so I will be entering either September of this year....or September of next year!!!!!!!!!! Praise God! So I ask ya'll for your prayers....and I do want to mention that I kept phatmass in my prayers everyday during my holy hour...and especially those whom sent me PM with prayer requests you were remembered greatly in my prayers! Again if you have any questions let me know!

My prayers! God Bless,

Allie

Edited by SisterAli

cathoholic_anonymous

Oh, God bless you! How wonderful! Reading your post has made me extremely happy. I was a little bit blue before, and it's amazing how somebody's good news can cheer you up. :)

Do you have any photos to share or anecdotes about the life in that particular community?

Yes I'm working on the photos right now!

I too can share there daily schedule and a few other things :)

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote]Yes I'm working on the photos right now![/quote]

And just why is it taking so long? It's past my bedtime! *Mutters imperiously*