An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Hope You're At Work

Era Might

Because I'm maxing and relaxing at home celebrating one of the many fake holidays here in Massachusetts, Patriot's Day! Also known as the excuse to have the Boston marathon and have a Red Sox game at 11 in the morning. The Maineacs may have it off as well.

Enjoy your work. Hahahahahahahaha.

homeschoolmom

I always enjoy my "work".... especially on days when you, Era, are back at yours and I'm planning a day out at the zoo or the beach with my kiddos. :P:

So is this the day you celebrate the Patriots' Superbowl win?

Oh wait, that's right ... that didn't happen this year.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/Sojourner/indianapolis-colts.jpg[/img]

:P:

Considering that everyday here is close to perfect, no snow, plenty of sunshine, and home-cooked grits are readily available, who needs a day off?

Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I'm going to take my laptop and air-card, a box of paperwork, and go home and work pool-side so I can turn on the TV and watch them run the Marathon in the snow.

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1245612' date='Apr 16 2007, 09:51 AM']Considering that everyday here is close to perfect, no snow, plenty of sunshine, and home-cooked grits are readily available, who needs a day off?

Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I'm going to take my laptop and air-card, a box of paperwork, and go home and work pool-side so I can turn on the TV and watch them run the Marathon in the snow.[/quote]
My favorite thing about Florida is the fresh oranges.

I mean, the sunshine and warmth is not bad, but the fresh ripe oranges are amazing.

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1245628' date='Apr 16 2007, 12:03 PM']My favorite thing about Florida is the fresh oranges.

I mean, the sunshine and warmth is not bad, but the fresh ripe oranges are amazing.[/quote]Right now, it's near the end of strawberry season. All the stawberry fields are now "U-Pick" where they let you go pick your own strawberries for cheap since they've been picked a few times by the proffessionals. Nothing beats field ripened strawberries. The ones they sell in stores are under-ripe because they have to be firm enough to handle, pack, and ship. A real ripe berry is soft and much sweeter. In fact, I'm 2 minutes away from Plant City, home of the best strawberries in the World and the annual Florida Strawberry Festival attended by Presidents and other world leaders through the years.

My mom grows strawberries ... they are much better from the field than in the store. Although, yesterday I got some from the store that were perfect.

:drool:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1245635' date='Apr 16 2007, 11:11 AM']Right now, it's near the end of strawberry season. All the stawberry fields are now "U-Pick" where they let you go pick your own strawberries for cheap since they've been picked a few times by the proffessionals. Nothing beats field ripened strawberries. The ones they sell in stores are under-ripe because they have to be firm enough to handle, pack, and ship. A real ripe berry is soft and much sweeter. In fact, I'm 2 minutes away from Plant City, home of the best strawberries in the World and the annual Florida Strawberry Festival attended by Presidents and other world leaders through the years.[/quote]
We have strawberry fields here, too.. so dont go gettin all superior on us. ;) Ours just come in later... I have it on my calendar to take the kids strawberry picking. Last year we made the best (and easiest) jam.... must get more berries this year... :drool:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1245635' date='Apr 16 2007, 12:11 PM']Right now, it's near the end of strawberry season. All the stawberry fields are now "U-Pick" where they let you go pick your own strawberries for cheap since they've been picked a few times by the proffessionals. Nothing beats field ripened strawberries. The ones they sell in stores are under-ripe because they have to be firm enough to handle, pack, and ship. A real ripe berry is soft and much sweeter. In fact, I'm 2 minutes away from Plant City, home of the best strawberries in the World and the annual Florida Strawberry Festival attended by Presidents and other world leaders through the years.[/quote]
So stop bragging and send us some! :biker: Its 35 degrees here with 30 MPH winds AGAIN! :blink:

[quote name='Era Might' post='1245513' date='Apr 16 2007, 08:03 AM']Because I'm maxing and relaxing at home celebrating one of the many fake holidays here in Massachusetts, Patriot's Day! Also known as the excuse to have the Boston marathon and have a Red Sox game at 11 in the morning. The Maineacs may have it off as well.

Enjoy your work. Hahahahahahahaha.[/quote]
isn't there somebody in space who's suppose to be running in that marathon??

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='ReinnieR' post='1245620' date='Apr 16 2007, 10:58 AM']I'm unemployed so i'm at home[/quote]
ahhh me also

Ash Wednesday

I'm self-employed -- though I currently am doing contract work for a firm in Seattle, I get to stay home today. :cool: