An Old School Catholic Message Board

Belinda's Update.

bmb144

Belinda,

You are more than welcome here on phatmass. It does grieve a family member to break away from the Catholic faith, so please understand those who are grieved.

However, I would not shy away from the phorum. If you believe your faith to be true, I encourage you to start debating in the debate table. That's the whole purpose of it. Truth is not ruled by emotions or misunderstandings. It is neither subjective. However, it would be great to understand exactly where you are coming from. Obviously, people are a bit stunned. It's like being told your son just learned how to walk one day, and is in a space rocket to the moon to the moon the next day. It just doesn't make sense.

Truth is objective and there can only be one Truth which is found in Jesus Christ our Lord. Logically, you can't have the fullness of Truth in your egyptian church AND the Fullness of Truth in the Catholic Church. If you believe yours to be True, it would be good to 1) give us insight into what you believe and 2) defend what you believe. I will keep you in my prayers though and I hope you keep Phatmass in yours. (but pray to Our Lady of Fatima when you pray for us! ;) )

You are still phamily.

And Chaya, welcome to phatmass!
Please go to the debate table and open up a thread. I'd love to see you there and clear up your misconceptions you have on our Faith.

+JMJ

Edited by jmjtina

You have left the true Faith. You have left Jesus Christ, the One True God, and the Church, the instrument of salvation. The communion of saints and especially Phatmass weeps for you - for your salvation. :sadwalk:

Leave behind your false gods and follow the True God!

thessalonian

[quote name='In His Light' post='1271725' date='May 12 2007, 02:08 AM']Good bye everyone. It seems I'm not welcome if I speak my truth, so I'm leaving.[/quote]

I am sure you found my post offensive. Sorry that is so. You are quite welcome but don't expect us to tiptoe around your false god. If it is a demon it is most certainly not welcome. If it is nothing more than an imaginative hoax then it is still not welcome because it is an insult to the one true god to acknowledge it as any sort of a divinity. It is a lie. So I will pray for you of course that the powers of the devil will loose their bonds over you in this false path you have chosend. There are not truths and my truth and your truth, but one truth and that is the one true God. Do come back.

My last word.

I've asked for my account to be deleted, I'm just waiting on admin to do it.
You guys can debate all you want. I pick and choose my fights, and I did not post to fight.
I posted to live Ma'at fully.

Thank you for the PM's of support, you who sent them I will take in my heart.
To the rest of you I sincerely hope your faith, love and lifes are wonderful as mine is.

Your account will not be deleted. It is not phatmass's policy to allow members to delete their accounts. You may return to it any time.

If you wish to remain, there are no special rules shielding you from being criticized for polytheistic beleifs if you post about them, but we would not allow people to harass you by attacking you for your beleifs if you were simply posting about some other topic, and you'd certainly be warned if you ever tried to present your beleifs as being possible for a Catholic to believe. Plenty of non-Catholics get along here fine under these conditions, and even find it helpful to come into the debate phorum and hash out this or that idea every once in a while.

Misereatur tui omnipotens Deus,

Aloysius

RezaMikhaeil

I don't know your situation, so I ain't gonna preach but what I am gonna say is that you might be interested in reading [and find comfort] in the desert mothers [ammas] of Egypt.

Reza

desertwoman

Ah, the principles of Ma'at. This takes me back to my high school days. Especially when we were taught that since the Jews stayed in Egypt for that period and Moses took them out of Egypt, they took kept ten principles of Ma'at with them.

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote]To the rest of you I sincerely hope your faith, love and lifes are wonderful as mine is.[/quote]

If you really had that faith, that love, and that life, you would not have run away from Catholicism. Nor would you have decided to leave Phatmass, come to that. Real love, real faith, and real life can afford to keep their ears open.

If anybody here is unwelcoming to truth, it is you. This is not an insult, as every single person has stood in opposition to truth at some point in their lives - usually several times. Your final post reminded me of a child who wants to ignore the nasty vegetables (truth) and eat nothing but sugar cakes (sympathy). I think you need to learn that real friends are rarely the ones who tell you everything you want to hear.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='In His Light' post='1272257' date='May 13 2007, 12:55 AM']My last word.

You guys can debate all you want. I pick and choose my fights, and I did not post to fight.

To the rest of you I sincerely hope your faith, love and lifes are wonderful as mine is.[/quote]

You can't expect us to not point out we think you are wrong.
But we just don't delete members of the phamily just because we disagree with them. :)

Phoenix Reborn

[quote name='In His Light' post='1272257' date='May 13 2007, 12:55 AM']My last word.

To the rest of you I sincerely hope your faith, love and lifes are wonderful as mine is.[/quote]

Happy birthday, anyway...

Chiquitunga

Belinda,

Thanks so much for sharing your story with us in all honesty. You have been in my thoughts and prayers! God bless you! :sign:

~Margaret

P.S. Happy Birthday!!

Edited by Margaret Clare

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Margaret Clare' post='1272451' date='May 13 2007, 12:28 PM']Belinda,

Thanks so much for sharing your story with us in all honesty. You have been in my thoughts and prayers! God bless you! :sign:

~Margaret[/quote]

Must blessed response

Belinda,
I am sad that you do not want to participate. I'd rather you stay and hang out in the debate table and "talk shop" if you will... People are nice there... some may not budge from being mean, but most of us there are very friendly.

Hope you come back soon. Happy birthday!

><>

If your story is real, and not just a hoax to drum up internet "drama" (sorry, but online there's just no way of really knowing), then your choice is truly to be condemned, and you will undoubtably regret it, either in this life or the next.

I will pray for you, but do not expect approval for making what is truly a false and destructive life choice.
And no one here hates you - true love cares for the good of the person and for the truth, and does not approve a person making self-destructive choices.