An Old School Catholic Message Board

Belinda's Update.

bmb144

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='In His Light' post='1271004' date='May 11 2007, 07:43 AM']*sigh*

*But something has been said here I must address-

With greatest respect, Sr Mary Catharine..... I would NEVER disrespect the ones you serve and love. Your Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit are names that I respect and hold in affection. I love Mother Mary to bits, heck.....my birthday is on Our Lady of Fatima, its not like I can avoid her and Saints Michael and Benedict still rock.

While you do not agree with my path I would ask that you return that same respect. My Goddess Bast, to be more specific Bast-Mut, is not someone in my mind. She loves me dearly and I love Her a lot. *tears*

And that is all I have to say......[/quote]

Belinda,

I haven't read all the posts, just down to this one. I don't know what caused you to leave the Church but I gather you were in a terrible place at the time. I've suffered deeply before myself and I've done the same thing-walk away. I was in such a terrific amount of pain it just seemed to make more sesne and felt easier at the time. But in the long run the only thing that made sense for me was therapy [to help with my suffering] and to come back to The Church. I'm not saying that your pain was like mine, not at all, but I do understand how a deep hurt can make you turn away.

I'm glad you're hanging out here with friends and maybe everyone can talk and you can share with them. One of the things I did, during all my hardships and even when I was very sure I was going in another direction faith-wise, is go sit in an empty church. Sometimes I'd only be there for a few minutes-sometimes I wouldn't even pray. It wasn't to say "OK, I'm trying again." or even "I'm such a sinner" but just to slow it all down and give myself what I desperately needed---time. I noticed that everyone around me wanted to pull me this way and that when I was so emotionally confused. As I was getting help, time was my best advocate because I was the most vulnerable.

Please consider right now where you are at. I don't want you to be hurting and vulnerable as you make such important choices in your life. Yes, as I became stronger and healed I was able to reach out to The Church again. I found out I may have left, but He never left me. Would you reflect a little on slowing down for me? I just want you to not hurt even more than you've been hurt before.

Anyway, that's a little of my story and my experience. I hope it helps you some to know that you are not alone in your struggles and search to find peace and meaning.

Norseman82

Belinda,

I don't know all the details of your story, but I will offer this for you to ponder to help put things into perspective:

Bast/Mast/whatever did not die to get you into heaven; Jesus did.