An Old School Catholic Message Board

Belinda's Update.

bmb144

Let the words of the Christ humble all those who have destroyed this young woman's joy in our Lord Jesus Christ.

[quote name='"Matthew 18:2-7' date=' KJV"']And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

[b]But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh![/b][/quote]

Let the word of God vindicate you Into His Light. The one with a millstone hanged onto his neck is better off than the one who offended you from the simplicity of Jesus Christ.

cathoholic_anonymous

GodChaser, we do not know the full extent of Belinda's story. It is quite easy to believe that other people inflicted suffering on her and I am prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt. But if this is the case, it doesn't mean that she has no culpability at all.

I also know that Belinda wanted to enrol in a Kemetic religious tradition in 2005, so I think it is unlikely that this defection from Christianity is as dramatic or as sudden as she has made it seem on Phatmass. We can't know what's been going on. We can only pray for her and for others in her position.

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1272873' date='May 14 2007, 07:17 AM']GodChaser, we do not know the full extent of Belinda's story. It is quite easy to believe that other people inflicted suffering on her and I am prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt. But if this is the case, it doesn't mean that she has no culpability at all.

I also know that Belinda wanted to enrol in a Kemetic religious tradition in 2005, so I think it is unlikely that this defection from Christianity is as dramatic or as sudden as she has made it seem on Phatmass. We can't know what's been going on. We can only pray for her and for others in her position.[/quote]
I never said that CA.

She needs to come back, but by saying God will avenge the wrong doings that has happened to her, might bring her back faster CA, that there are Christians who will stand for what is right, and say - you just offended someone who wanted to faithfully serve God.

And that is my prayer for her, that God Vindicates her before those who offended her, and that she should come back to God!

I'm a militant Christians, not one of those, I love you fruitcake Christians. I want to offend those who drove her away. Let them know that God's anger is fully on them, as it is fully on her for forsaking. Once she comes back, she is innocent of these things, and that will humble the ones who offended even more.

Right now, they are gloating in what they have done, driving her away from Christianity and the simplicity of trusting in Jesus Christ. They are laughing their heads off, because the ones who drove her away are Satan and his minions!

[quote]I look forward to the day when you are friends with God again.

How could you walk away from Him who is the Truth

I think it may be a good influence for bringing her back to Our Lord.

I do hope for you that you will find all that your heart is longing for, which is Jesus.

healing that comes only from the Love that comes from the Triune God that we as Catholic Christians worship

Somehow I don't think the Egyptian church and the goddess are going to satisfy the longings of your heart either.[/quote]I have never-

[quote]i am saddened...
I will pray for you....and for healing in Truth.

The Angel of Darkness disguises himself as light, but the "happiness" found in newness that is from the Evil One will soon disappear and there will be very, very hard times.

I will pray for your continued healing and reconciliation with Our Lord.

Sorry to say this but if your (g) goddess bast is anything she is a demon from hell and you are being devoured by a roaring lion. Sorry if this seems harsh but at times the truth is harsh.

I will continue to pray for your return to the Church, where the fulness of Truth resides[/quote]
If I hadn’t see-

[quote]But it is unfair to expect us to make room for a pagan goddess alongside Jesus and offer it 'respect'. That is just not possible.

Leave behind your false gods and follow the True God!

So I will pray for you of course that the powers of the devil will loose their bonds over you in this false path you have chosend. There are not truths and my truth and your truth, but one truth and that is the one true God. Do come back.
If you really had that faith, that love, and that life, you would not have run away from Catholicism.

I will pray for you, but do not expect approval for making what is truly a false and destructive life choice.

Right now, they are gloating in what they have done, driving her away from Christianity and the simplicity of trusting in Jesus Christ. They are laughing their heads off, because the ones who drove her away are Satan and his minions![/quote]
I am totally speechless.

No I’m not!!

[b][i][size=3][color="#000080"]GOOD LUCK TO YOU BELINDA AND BEST WISHES IN ALL YOUR FUTURE ENDEAVORS!!![/color][/size][/i][/b]-carrdero

Edited by carrdero

Godchaser, who are the ones who drove her away? A trauma in her life coupled with doubts that had already been there and an already existing latent desire to study and join this religion drove her away... are you claiming that some of these genuinely concerned posters who were just expressing their beleifs about what True Religion is drove her away? because if so, that's ridiculous, no one should feel guilted by that lame attempt to give her victemhood status for us expressing our beleifs about her errors to her. She was Catholic once, she knows full well what our position is and where our intentions are, they are for what we believe to be her best interest. Even if she disagrees that that'd be best for her, she still must admit our right to express that to her. instead, she runs away so that her beleifs are not challenged; that's fine too, I suppose, though she could have coexisted happily with us here... but any post about her religion would've been met with challenges because, well, that's who we are and she knows that. we put our faith on the line here, she's free to criticize it as we will criticize hers, that's the only way to have dialogue.

But really, I'm unsure what you are saying... and I'm unsure what carrderro is saying... it's all very pecuiliar and ambiguous :unsure:

You are worshipping a "goddess" of sensual pleasure (Bast is the goddess of sensual pleasure)? And you want to become a "preistess" of doing this?

Some part of your soul must feel that this is not right.

Bast is also:
[quote]

Bast is the Goddess of lesbians. This is connected to an ancient belief that lesbians were associated with truth.

Bast is the Goddess of cats. In early Kemetic history she started as a Lioness Goddess like Sekhmet.

Bast is the Goddess of the rising sun. When ra became popular Bast became the Eye of Ra (and a daughter of Ra).

Bast is the Goddess of enlightenment.

Bast is the Goddess of truth. This was a very early association.
Bast is the Goddess of civilization, bounty, and plenty. This is because of an association with Aset (Isis) and became an especially popular view in the Roman Emprie.

Bast is the Goddess of the household and protector of the home. This view developed in later Egyptian and Greek periods.

Bast is the enlightened Maiden of the Triple Goddess. This started with the Greeks.

Bast is the Goddess of Goddess of creation.

Bast is the Goddess of sex, fertility, and birth. This was a Greek view.

Bast is the Goddess of physical pleasures. This was a Greek view.

Bast is the Goddess of bountiful positive energy.

Bast is the Goddess of music, dance, and the arts. The priestesses of Bast were known for their erotic dance ritual, as part of the introduction of Bes worship and belly dancing into New Kingdom culture..

Bast is the Goddess of the moon and possessor of the Utchat, the Eye of Her twin brother Heru Sa Aset [Horus]. This belief came from the Greeks and their association of Bast with Artemis.

Bast is the Goddess of hemp and marijuana. This is a controversial association.

from: [url="http://www.teenwitch.com/divine/kmt/bast.html"]http://www.teenwitch.com/divine/kmt/bast.html[/url][/quote]

[quote]I have started the long walk toward priesthood [yes women are ordained], in order to live the call on my life.
I am still on leave from my theology studies and will be starting them again next year after I change colleges. Yes, they are very important to Bast and there is another one of my sisters in the church that is studying theology also.[/quote]

You can order your certificate of being a "priestess" here for ten bucks: [url="http://www.prntrkmt.org/organization/witchcertificate.html"]http://www.prntrkmt.org/organization/witchcertificate.html[/url]

:rolleyes:

You can't be serious.

Edited by prose

I applaude you for your honesty :bigclap: , but I do hope that you will see that this new "religion" is not the truth. It is just a cover for something much deeper. I will pray for you and your choice, and hope that you will quickly see the truth.

Edited by megrc

[quote name='prose' post='1273112' date='May 14 2007, 03:14 PM']You can order your certificate of being a "priestess" here for ten bucks: [url="http://www.prntrkmt.org/organization/witchcertificate.html"]http://www.prntrkmt.org/organization/witchcertificate.html[/url]

:rolleyes:

You can't be serious.[/quote]

Do you really think that was called for, Prose?

Obviously, there are different sorts of Neo-Pagan traditions, and within them a variety of viewpoints. You will find flakes in [i]any[/i] religious tradition... including Catholicism.

It's fine to remind Belinda of the truth, and pray for her... but it's pretty presumptious to assume that something like "Teenwitch.com"(does that even [i]look[/i] authoritative and academic to you?) can speak for what Belinda actually believes. Do try and recall a little something called charity, and stop chasing after strawmen.

w/b to Phatmass! please keep us updated!

prayers through the intercession of Sts. Anthony of Egypt, Catherine of Alexandria and Athanasius!

peace.

I wish Belinda, and all who criticize us for speaking for the truth about God, and how dangerous this "new" god might be, realize That if we didn't Love her we would say nothing because her salvation wouldn't matter to us. PEOPLE don't you know what Love means what true love is??? Love is the ultimate sacrifice. The truth is love and We fail Belinda and GOD, if we, as Christians fail to speak the truth with LOVE. Most every one here has spoken the truth with love. Belinda once a Catholic always a Catholic you can run but you cant hide. Gods Indelible mark is on your soul I pray that the Grace you recieved in Baptism will bring truth to your mind and Heart.

I Love you sister in Christ Jesus+

Marge

[quote name='Rose_of_Sharon' post='1273158' date='May 14 2007, 10:06 PM']I wish Belinda, and all who criticize us for speaking for the truth about God, and how dangerous this "new" god might be, realize That if we didn't Love her we would say nothing because her salvation wouldn't matter to us. PEOPLE don't you know what Love means what true love is??? Love is the ultimate sacrifice. The truth is love and We fail Belinda and GOD, if we, as Christians fail to speak the truth with LOVE. Most every one here has spoken the truth with love. Belinda once a Catholic always a Catholic you can run but you cant hide. Gods Indelible mark is on your soul I pray that the Grace you recieved in Baptism will bring truth to your mind and Heart. I Love you sister in Christ Jesus+ Marge[/quote]

you speak about "new god"...
well who has the new god? it is you christians who have. you turned your Jesus into a new god, and then accuse others of walking a dangerous road? christians have started walking on a dangerous road 2000 years ago, and mostly it was dangerous for those around them that didn't conform... the ultimate sacrifice... yes, they did sacrifice those who didn't conform on their altar of invented beliefs and literally "loved" them to death, well through the centuries and throughout the entire world. my people is witness to that kind of "love", but in the end, the G-d of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob will be, I am, the Name, and the true G-d will laugh, cry and be angry about all these vanities, vanities that have to to so much hatred in the name of truth.

so which truth do you speak? the one that [i]you[/i] have [i]chosen[/i] for [i]yourself[/i].
even if it is one, a religion that doesn't even take serious half of its own holy book.

Are you seriously trying to start a "who killed who in the past" argument? Bad form, bad form indeed. It'd be just as bad form if I said: look at the Jews, the killed Jesus! of course, I'd get in trouble for anti-semitism, while you apparently get off scott free for blanket-accusing Christianity.

I understand your position; but why not deplore both of our religions? hers for taking on a clearly pagan god without even so much as an attempt to find the One True God of Ancient Israel; and us for corrupting the One True God (in your mind, in our mind there was no such corruption)

Don't just make blanket accusations, though. That's just bad form all around, and I won't make blanket accusations at you for Jesus and the numerous Christians killed by the Jews in the first century (some killed because the Jews told the Romans they were not true monotheists knowing full well that this would cause them to lose the indult for Judea whereby they did not have to worship caesar as god and they would be killed, some killed by people like Saul of Tarsus before he converted and became St. Paul)

Indeed, throughout the centuries, there has been blood on the hands of both Jews and Christians.

And of course we take the whole of the Old Testament very seriously. We believe that the New Testament lies hidden and prophesized in the Old, and the Old is revealed in the New. And our situation is in no way analagous to that of this ancient religion of egypt, the religion of those who opressed Israel once upon a time (but I won't make blanket accusations against In His Light, that would be bad form); we believe in One undivided God, who has three persons which are not distinct substances, but consubstantial: of one being, of one essence: One God.

But please, start a new thread to debate the monotheism or polytheism of Christianity; but can you not see the huge difference between Christianity which bends over backwards to attempt to clarify their beleif in only One God, and directs their worship towards the God of Abraham, Isaac, Moses, et cetera? it's night and day.

cathoholic_anonymous

Chaya,

I have seen three posts of yours on Phatmass now.

In every single one, you have made some kind of sneering remark about Christianity. Yet you have never returned to a particular thread to discuss the matter further. If your intention on Phatmass is just to insult our faith (and yet accuse us of not respecting your own at every opportunity) without any attempt at courteous or kind-spirited discussion, you will find that this is not the website for you.

Peace,
Vicky