An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vatican Condemns Same-sex Marriage

jasJis

Well, this document was mainly aimed at politicians. The Canadian Prime Minister has basically said "I'm a government official first before I am Catholic and I must serve my people. There must be separation of church and state. So I feel that I am obliged to legislate against what my religion says and I will do that without blinking an eye"

Jake Huether

Good Friday, you don't know how many souls you've released from Purgatory. You are a living saint my friend. God bless you.

On the topic: How would the government reconsile same sex marriage (or union for that matter) with the sodomy laws. Isn't it a contradiciton to support same sex marriage, yet have a law agains the only way two males can (dare I say) unite.

I personally think that it is a shame that this document is even necessary. The Catholic Church has made its position perfectly known in the Catechism and if

people would just read and follow it most of the problems would get

resolved step-by-step.

Just about every country that has legalized same-sex unions has a Catholic or other Christian history and the people are at least nominally Catholic/Christian.

I have just read a ton of news on this subject, and it irritates me that some officials in the US are telling the Catholic Church to but out. This is well within the Catholic Church's authority to have an opinion on, in fact the Catholic opinion counts far more then the Canadian, Dutch, or even the US laws. If they want the Catholic Church to stay out of US business, then I want the US to stay out of how we deal with our Priests. They want to say Seperation of Church and State, then to them I say the same thing.

The US can not have an opinion on the Catholic because of the Seperation of Church and State, but no where in the Constiution does it say we can not have an opinion of the US or Canada or anyone for that matter. Just as pro-aborts, and pro gay people can try to influense legislation, so can the Catholic Church. To say we can't is hypocritcal, and completely ignorant of the law. No wonder we are in the shape we are in because politicians serve solely for agendas, and don't know anything or the law of the constitution. Sadly, most of these politicians say they are Catholic. Not only do they not know their own country, but they don't know their religion or their God.

Edited by credo

Jake Huether

And to further it, these stupid polititians (who would tell the Catholic Church to butt out) would dare use the Catholic name in order to draw votes.

P's me off.

God forgive them, and give me the grace to forgive them too.

cmotherofpirl

I think I want a new bumper sticker made up.

"I am a CATHOLIC before I am a democrat, republican or an American."

Politicians beware!

This is what made me most angry. I was walking from the office to the train station this afternoon and saw the headline in the Chicago Sun-Times:

POPE WAGES GLOBAL CAMPAIGN VS. GAYS

Talk about anti-Catholic media bias - using the most inflammatory language in

order to discredit the Church.

People think because the government doesn't outlaw the Church that we have no persecution in this country. But the media more than makes up for it.

Edited by Norseman82

hyperdulia again

I will say, and hopefully ten-thousand people won't jump down my throat, I really can't help, but wish the Church would have those of Her children who happen to be homosexuals in mind when statements on homosexuality are written. It would be nice to read a document (other than the Catechism) dealing with homosexuality that didn't make me walk away feeling like a piece of trash. I also think it is time to start doing something about the rampant heterosexual immorality that doesn't seem to bother many people. Hell is a hot place no matter who you slept with to get there.

peace.

Edited by hyperdulia again

I also think it is time to start doing something about the trampant heterosexual immorality that doesn't seem to bother many people. 

I agree, and maybe that's next on the list. But you know what? In the past three weeks I've been to three separate talks that promoted chastity as part of a summer speaker series in our area known as "Theology-on-Tap", which is not well known for orthodox Catholic speakers. And Fr. Mike Pfleger, who has a reputation for being a bit rebellious, took his parish out of pre-Cana because it was not tough enough on cohabitating couples.

So I do see hope out there.

Hell is hot place no matter who you slept with to get there.

Do you mind if I use this quote?

I will say, and hopefully ten-thousand people won't jump down my throat, I really can't help, but wish the Church would have those of Her children who happen to be homosexuals in mind when statements on homosexuality are written.  It would be nice to read a document (other than the Catechism) dealing with homosexuality that didn't make me walk away feeling like a piece of trash.  I also think it is time to start doing something about the trampant heterosexual immorality that doesn't seem to bother many people.   Hell is hot place no matter who you slept with to get there.

peace.

They do have them in mind.

Acting and being are two seperate things brother.

Fornication is spoken about more than homosexuality, but the evil media hypes the homosexual stuff because now people are begining to accept it more and they are trying to shove it down people's throats.

All immorality is wrong, and it might be that you feel like you do because it is something that has personal meaning to you... it jumps out at you when it's on the news or on a board...

The Vatican puts out reports everyday... why is it that the media only posts the homosexual ones?

Maybe they're trying to pull the people with ssa out of the Church. The media is a pawn of the evil one.

Bro... I am trash. I am not worthy to go to Heaven. I only pray and rely on the Grace of God.

I feel the same way you do... but about a different cross. I'm sure many others here feel the same way. We feel bad because we want something we can't have. We know something is wrong, yet we want the wrong thing... but we fight ourselves to do what is right.

We are here for you bro, please don't take the ssa info personally. We all have our cross to bare.

Josemaria Escriva: "The Way"

It has been well said that the soul and the body are two enemies who can't get away from one another, and two friends who cannot get along.

We are all in the same boat...

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

I wrote trampant! Haha! Freudian slip!

Sorry... being a lover of psychology I have to pipe up...

Freud was a fool... he didn't take notes, and didn't study children, and his whole theorical base was based on children.

Not to mention, everything revolved around sex for that guy. He had issues. lol

God Bless,

ironmonk

hyperdulia again

there have been study's of freud's writings that have shown that HE had an oedipus complex. that's all.