An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters Of Life

Eureka

[quote name='Eureka' post='1299565' date='Jun 21 2007, 04:32 PM']I've always interested in their community life and apostolates. I haven't had a chance to contact them because they don't have email address posted on their website and restricted contact hours. Have anyone of you visit them or heard about them (pros & cons)? Please share... They are still a new community (less than 20 years of existence).

They'll have a "Come & See" weekend in November (8th-11th). I want to come...but I would like to hear from you before I make my move. Honestly, I am not in a favor of making initial contact via phone.

Thank you in advance for your sharing/input.[/quote]
The "experts" on this community have already posted! :topsy: However, I do believe Sr. Mary Gabriel has an email address. I think it was in one of their recent newsletters. I'll go home and look it up and post it if no one else comes up with it first.

Guest Grace Abounds

Thank you all for the warm welcome, and thank you for the prayers, everyone! I spoke with Sr. Kathrine last night and they are scheduled to review my application this Saturday, June 30th, so I should be getting an answer very soon! I'm so excited! While y'all are praying, if you could throw one in there for my family, who is struggling to understand and accept my vocation, I'd appreciate it!

Eureka, I sent you a message with my e-mail address - I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. You should visit in July if you can, but you might want to notify them first that you are coming. My initial contact with them was by phone, and I didn't have any problems.

Totus Tuus, what part of Texas are you in? I'm in Bryan/College Station, and yes, I'm an Aggie. WHOOP!

God bless you all!

[quote name='Grace Abounds' post='1302180' date='Jun 26 2007, 12:34 PM']Thank you all for the warm welcome, and thank you for the prayers, everyone! I spoke with Sr. Kathrine last night and they are scheduled to review my application this Saturday, June 30th, so I should be getting an answer very soon! I'm so excited! While y'all are praying, if you could throw one in there for my family, who is struggling to understand and accept my vocation, I'd appreciate it!

Eureka, I sent you a message with my e-mail address - I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. You should visit in July if you can, but you might want to notify them first that you are coming. My initial contact with them was by phone, and I didn't have any problems.

Totus Tuus, what part of Texas are you in? I'm in Bryan/College Station, and yes, I'm an Aggie. WHOOP!

God bless you all![/quote]

Welcome to Phatmass! I was on the retreat with you about a month ago :) I will definately keep you in my prayers as you await the decision from the Sisters!! God bless you!!