An Old School Catholic Message Board

Debate Table Commentary

jeffpugh

Out of interest, who here spends time on the debate table?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The debates have been slow as of late... now that the Muslim debates featuring Reza are gone. They've been good, but eventually it stalled on terms of one side calling the other "propaganda". I'm not pointing fingers. I enjoyed following that thread though. Both sides gave some interesting stuff.

hoosieranna

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1305916' date='Jun 29 2007, 05:06 PM']Some of the debate threads are kind of wierd....

I usually only go to the threads about theological debates that don't involve aliens or niphilim.[/quote]

Where's your sense of adventure? :)

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1309738' date='Jul 2 2007, 04:31 PM']The debates have been slow as of late... now that the Muslim debates featuring Reza are gone. They've been good, but eventually it stalled on terms of one side calling the other "propaganda". I'm not pointing fingers. I enjoyed following that thread though. Both sides gave some interesting stuff.[/quote]

I enjoyed reading Reza's and Cathoholic's posts. They seemed to actually know what they were talking about. I'm pretty well informed about Islam, but they put me to shame. It was nice to read actual debate posts, rather than the usual "all Muslims are evil terrorists that will blow up anything they can" posts. There are a few posters that favor those kind of responses. It gets old. It starts to feel like an "I can be more pious than you" contest.

Edited by Nadezhda

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Pontifite 7 of 10' post='1306438' date='Jun 30 2007, 10:26 AM']If I'm not sure what the heck anyone's talking about in the Debate Board, I usally look for Rapheal's posts, he seems to alway be right, Is he?[/quote]

yeah, Raph is pretty on the ball. :)

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1309809' date='Jul 2 2007, 07:42 PM']It starts to feel like an "I can be more pious than you" contest.[/quote]

Yeah, I hate those.

i would go on more...

but tearing people to shreds is just SOOOO tiresome..

why not use that energy making tacos, so very tasty and good for you, or something!!!!

Why not turn on the duel productivity? Show your debating prowess while making fine tacos, so very tasty and good for you,? Anywho, in response to Nad, I am well informed about the general beliefs of Muslims but they both put me to shame too. It was great: I kept reading the thread to learn something new, but on the other hand I had nothing to say except some odd commentary saying I'm watching with interest.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1310088' date='Jul 2 2007, 06:59 PM']I say "yeah" a lot.[/quote]
and thay's why you're the coolest mod ever!

:)

Okay! Quick! Rate the mods: Raph, Al and IcePrincess. Give em what you think they deserve! (/10)

respectively :D:

Icey is the best.

followed by hughey.. she's cool..i like her glasses :blush:

then Cmom- cause she like star trek

then yeah...

I personally like Al, Iceprincess, and HSMom the best in the order. No offense to any other mods.

hoosieranna

Back on topic, we appear to have a new debator (sp?). Maybe a little militant? SMM, what do you think?