An Old School Catholic Message Board

Debate Table Commentary

jeffpugh

Out of interest, who here spends time on the debate table?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh, Naralas? That's my good friend Dan. He helped me install Linux on my compy (I have a screensaver that has the matrix code stream down the screen :cool:). He is a moral atheist as he claims, and he is a logical guy. He's a compy expert. Both Mac and PC. Linux is his favourite OS... anywho... he's pretty cool. Just insist being Christian, and try and keep him around. I tried pretty hard to get him to come on to PM. Many MSN convos contained "hey you should join Phatmass". Hahaha. Good times. Btw, I had to laugh at the replies made to Naralas' post. It was like the collision of worlds here... a good friend throwing down with some very intelligent Catholics. I'm sure we'll have a good laugh about this in heaven.

hoosieranna

I tend to stay out of debates like that one. I don't have enough theological background to state my reasons coherently. I'd rather lurk than make a goof of myself. It was entertaining, although I'm not sure how dairygurl is an expert. Maybe I missed that somewhere in the past. Who knows. I liked Groo's use of Occam's Razor. It was insightful.

Groo made a good stand. But my understanding is that people need to find out more about Dan (Naralas) then just throwing stuff out there and being all "draw steel" on the man. Not saying Naralas is a weak guy who's sitting on the fence. On the contrary, he seems to think he's planted right on the side of Atheism. This will be a good experience for him and me because philosophically, we've been taught by a liberal catholic in school... and not so much a pure Catholic philosophical teaching... though we agree somewhat on who really missed the mark and who didn't. Dunno if he likes Aquinas though... :detective: Though, he counts as a theologian...