An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lame Board Prayer Thread

hoosieranna

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1445990' date='Jan 15 2008, 07:36 AM']one of my best friend's roommates tried to kill himself yesterday afternoon.[/quote]
praying lots and lots.

Well, I'm posting in the prayer board too, but...
I need prayers for my completion of a University application to the music department... I'm having a sort of anxiety over a 300 word essay (small, I know) and I'm having a hard time knowing what to start with, with my vision of the future (how to put it in words) aka, why i wanna study at their faculty. Also, one of my referees sent the reference form right to the faculty without giving it back to me to send so pray that that works out... and mostly pray that I will fill out what I need to be sufficient to get in so I can concentrate on practicing. This is all has to be there by February 8th (my brother's birthday). Gah!! :sadder:

missionseeker

Prayers for you SMM, I'd be scared silly.

Um... can I get prayers because I need to have a serious talk with a friend. He and I have a lot of things to work out, I think and I don't really think he's very aware of it. That and I have a couple of things that I have to tell him that I'm not really sure how to- he's going through a really rough time right now and I really wish I could be there for him the way he "asked" me to (more like sprang on me) but, I really can't, I am also going through a pretty rough time and can't take of myself and be there for him like that. It would just be too much for me. It IS too much for me. He's kind of put me in a n odd position (he vented to me about something that I think I'm pretty much the only other person on campus that knows involving his roommate except his other roommate. Which would be ok, except that people know that we are close so they ask me about it and I can't tell them that I know but I'm an easy person to read and I am kinda afraid someone is going to figure it out by my facial expressions or something- it's a VERY small campus.) People have been coming to me and asking me if he's ok- which I don't think he is- especially after having taken a road trip with him (not alone, lol, don't worry). He's a mess. And I'm afraid he's setting himself up to become an alcoholic.
I'm afraid that it's become a we need to fix this friendship or forget it kind of thing. Which is soooo sad. I don't really have any idea how he's going to react to this at all. The last time I asked to talk to him, we'd been in a fight- which we haven't been yet- and I asked him not to IM until we had spoken in person... yeah... he didn't speak to me for a month and then we exploded at each other (well, he exploded at me) and then we got that out of the way and were ok -at least in his brain I think- in mine it was still shaky- anyway, he never actually would talk to me. I THINK he will this time, because I'm pretty certain that he realized just how much of a jerk thing that was, but I don't know what/how to say. And if he doesn't, then there's no more I can do. I think we both kind of need each other a little bit, though. And I'm afraid this post makes him sound pretty bad, but he's not. He's a really great guy- he's got a LOT of pretty crummy things going on right now and just isnt handling it very well and I think he realizes it, but not to the level that it really is and also, he gets frustrated because he can see himself doing it and so it just makes it worse. People have been commenting about it to me, so I'm sure I should say something to him (plus I have my own things that I want to say to him). I'm worried about him quite a bit, actually. He needs a lot of prayers.

Sorry for such a long rambly post.

My dog has been in the hospital for 2 days. I live alone and in a different time zone than my family and most of my friends, so I don't have much local support. I'm very sad.

Pray for me. In my desire to grow more for Jesus and less for me, my priest has suggested that i fast from non-school related internet. So I wont be online for awhile. I will be keeping you and your intentions in my prayers! This will be harder than I think.

Thank you!

I love this thread!

For my Poppa and brother's relationship... it stinks.

For this possible really big change in my life.

For Medjegorje- that I may go if God wills it.

For a change in my mother's heart.

For a more caring/less angry me.

For a more studious me.

Thanks. : D